Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Spotify won't update

DeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue The new Spotify update won't register into my phone. I noticed this when all my friends told me about the new Spotify redesign and I tried to download it but it won't show up in my updates. I...

• Casual Listener
  •   Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  The new Spotify update won't register into my phone. I noticed this when all my friends told me about the new ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing songs from one of my playlists

Spotify UsernamedånjohannPlanFree/PremiumCountry Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Today I noticed all songs added to one of my playlists after 2018-01-19 are missing.The other playlists seems unaffected. I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Username dånjohann Plan Free/Premium Country     Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  Today I noticed all songs...
  • dånjohann
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Touch Preview on iOS removal

Hey folks, Spotify here! Just a quick post to let you know we’re in the process of removing Touch Preview, the feature on the iOS app that gives you a sneak peek of a playlist, song, album, or artist before you hit play. We’ve taken this decision as ...

• Roadie
  • Hey folks, Spotify here!   Just a quick post to let you know we’re in the process of removing Touch Preview, the feature on the iOS app that gives you a sneak peek of a playlist, song, ...
  • kaneramstead2
  • 427 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 427 replies
  • 10 likes

Shuffle order remains the same or almost the same when toggled off and back on

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 11.4 My Question or IssueEvery time I enable Shuffle on my 140-song-long "Favorites" playlist, the same handful of songs are queued up for playback. No matter how many times I disa...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 11.4   My Question or Issue Every time I enable Shuffle on my 140-song-long "Favorites" playlist,&n...
  • BMW650i
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Automatically Starts Playing the Last Song I Was Listening To When Connected to Bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 11.4 My Question or IssueSpotify, recently, has started playing the last song or album I was listening to whenever I am connected to bluetooth and open the app. But only songs, not podcasts or a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 11.4   My Question or Issue Spotify, recently, has started playing the last song or album I was listening to wheneve...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The Discover Weekly Like/Dislike buttons disappearing when cconnected to Bose Soundtouch speakers

PlanPremiumCountry AUDeviceiPhone 6 - simmilar issue with Windows app - in this situation the dislike button is present but it doesn't skip disliked songs while playing on the bose speekersOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueWhen I connect to ...

• Plan Premium Country  AU Device iPhone 6 - simmilar issue with Windows app - in this situation the dislike button is present but it doesn't skip disliked songs while playing on the bose spe...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify turns on repeat by itself

I have the saved music available and every time I hit "no repeat" the next song comes on and it turns on repeat current song by itself. **bleep**?

• Casual Listener
  • I have the saved music available and every time I hit "no repeat" the next song comes on and it turns on repeat current song by itself. **bleep**?
  • PaulLittlewood
  • Casual Listener
  • 44 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 22 likes

Spotify using cellular data when turned off in settings

I always have cellular data turned off for spotify but I've noticed that if the song is already playing and my wifi connection goes down or out of range it starts using the cellular data and it has been eating up my data plan. Any ideas?

• I always have cellular data turned off for spotify but I've noticed that if the song is already playing and my wifi connection goes down or out of range it starts using the cellular data and it has b...
  • xsq7ei-f_cnn
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • support
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Please allow us to reorder our playlists in iOS.

I am a Premium for Family member and hve been for some time. I primarily listen on my iPhone 6S. I update iOS and the Spotify app accordingly. However, I am tired of not having the ability to reorder the display listing of my playlists. Default displ...

• Regular
  •   I am a Premium for Family member and hve been for some time.  I primarily listen on my iPhone 6S.  I update iOS and the Spotify app accordingly.  However, I am tired of not hav...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes

New Update not available

Hi I have premium running on iOS and I keep seeing the new update everywhere (with the redesigned dock) and I cannot find it in the app store. I have the most recent apple operating system and I have tried reinstalling the app as well. I would apprec...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I have premium running on iOS and I keep seeing the new update everywhere (with the redesigned dock) and I cannot find it in the app store. I have the most recent apple operating system and I have...
  • faraway58
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I view my profile with the new update released on my iPhone?

How do I view my Profile (like my followers and whom I follow) with the new update released on my iPhone. There seems to be no button to view my profile....

• Visitor
  • How do I view my Profile (like my followers and whom I follow) with the new update released on my iPhone. There seems to be no button to view my profile....
  • -rk6pk76b_sl
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes

Artist name not shown on the car screen

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 11.2.6 My Question or IssueWhen I connect by Bluetooth my iphone to the car the music on Spotify does not show the name of artist and song. With my old android it worked on the same car

•   Plan Premium Country Spain Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 11.2.6   My Question or Issue When I connect by Bluetooth my iphone to the car the music on Spotify does not sho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Somebody stole my account

Spotify Username Plan Premium Country - Bulgaria Device iPhone SE, Lenova G575 Operating System iOS, Windows7 My Question or Issue Yesterday i bought spotify premium, but i couldn`t use it on my phone. Now when i logged in on the computer i saw a pro...

• Spotify Username Plan Premium Country - Bulgaria   Device iPhone SE, Lenova G575 Operating System iOS, Windows7   My Question or Issue Yesterday i bought spotify p...
  • Melody
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t see my music only playlists

My Question or Issue The new app sucks. It won’t let me see all of my music. Even if I wanted to make a new playlist I can’t. I hate it.

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue  The new app sucks. It won’t let me see all of my music. Even if I wanted to make a new playlist I can’t. I hate it. 
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline local music for iPhone

I followed all the instructions Spotify gave me, but I can't seem to listen to my local files playlists that I have on Spotify. For some reason they don't show up on my iPhone

• I followed all the instructions Spotify gave me, but I can't seem to listen to my local files playlists that I have on Spotify. For some reason they don't show up on my iPhone
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Using spotify on older, unsupported systems

Sometimes you just don't want to buy the latest, coolest gadget; or upgrade to the latest OS. Sometimes you're very happy with what you have, and that's completely ok. But then sometimes you get left behind and, although your gadget still works fine;...

• Spotify Legend
  • Sometimes you just don't want to buy the latest, coolest gadget; or upgrade to the latest OS. Sometimes you're very happy with what you have, and that's completely ok. But then sometimes you get ...
  • edougla6
  • Regular
  • 30 replies
  • 35 likes
  • iOS
    previous
  • 30 replies
  • 35 likes

How to change playlist song order?

Hi guys was just curious if there is any way of changing the playlist songer order so the newest songs you add to your playlist are listed first and not last so it saves me from scrolling through hundreds of songs to play the most recent ones. Thanks

• Hi guys was just curious if there is any way of changing the playlist songer order so the newest songs you add to your playlist are listed first and not last so it saves me from scrolling through hun...
  • Adhwita214
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes

Artist radio option missing

I have the spotify app for the iPhone, with a premium account and ever since the latest update I have no Radio option. I know it was removed for the free listeners but it was removed for me as well. Does anyone know how to enable this option again fo...

• I have the spotify app for the iPhone, with a premium account and ever since the latest update I have no Radio option. I know it was removed for the free listeners but it was removed for me as well. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes