Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with Playlists

Solved!

Problem with Playlists

I have Spotify on both my MacBook Pro (running High Sierra 10.13.6), and my iPhone 5s (running iOS 11.4). I have one playlist on my laptop that has about 40 songs, but on my iPhone the playlist says it has 40 songs, but when I tap into it, it only has 15 songs. When I look at the queue, the other songs are there, but they show up grey and don't play. But those songs work just fine on my laptop. I've read about syncing the two playlists, but that doesn't seem to be working. Any advice? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@votediana

Could you try make a copy of the playlists to see if that happens there too?

Thanks! 🙂

Peace

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @votediana! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound quite right.

Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.

Let me know how it goes! ^^

Peace

Thanks for the reply! I did just try that, but it didn't seem to correct the issue.

@votediana

Hmmm, that's strange.

Are both of the devices using the same Wi-Fi connection?

Peace

Yes, I am currently on the same wifi network for both devices. 

I tried to play a song that's on the desktop playlist but not the phone playlist, and it came up with an error message saying "Song not Downloaded". When I clicked to Learn More, it came up with 4 steps to sync the song to iPhone. Step 3 says "Mark the playlist containing this song for Offline Sync on your computer or on this iPhone". How do you do that? Is it just the download button?  I didn't think it was the download button because other playlists I have on my desktop have synced perfectly fine with my iPhone without the download button on desktop on. 

@votediana

Yes, it should be that you don't need to sync them.

But you need to download them for the offline syncing.

Could you please let me know the following details: 

1. Exact Device (e.g. iPhone 5S)

2. Exact operating system (e.g. iOS 8.3)

3. Spotify app version installed (2.2.0)

Thanks!

Peace

I have an iPhone 5s, I'm running iOS 11.4.1, and I just downloaded the newest version of Spotity, the App Store says it's Version 8.4.67.

@votediana

I've escalated your issue to the support.

I will reply on this thread with help soon! 

Peace

Marked as solution

@votediana

Could you try make a copy of the playlists to see if that happens there too?

Thanks! 🙂

Peace

Thanks for the recommendation! I tried making a copy of the playlist and that seemed to do the trick--all of the songs showed up on my phone. Thank you for your help!

@votediana

You're welcome! ^^

Peace

Suggested posts