Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I just noticed that a bunch of songs are suddenly unavailable for me (some I was listening to super recently). I find it hard to believe that they're all unavailable because of licensing issues, especially where *some* tracks on albums are unavailable, but others aren't. In some cases I can search for albums but no songs will appear when I view it. The amount and randomness of them makes me wonder.

(The songs in question (when they show up at all) are greyed out, and when I tap them, they'll say that the song is unavailable, but that I can still start radio based on the artist.)

I've tried the usual closing/logging out/restarting my phone/uninstalling the app stuff and none of that seems to be making any difference.

On top of all that, contacting actual customer service on this issue seems to be impossible? (which is why I'm stuck making a forum post here now).

I gotta say, I love the service, but this is definitely enough to make me consider switching to a different one.

1 Reply

Hey @-qyzl0r_klxem, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll be glad to clear things up for you.

Whenever a song is not available on Spotify, it's always due to licensing reasons. In this case, it's best for you to reach out to the artists/labels for more info on when missing tunes might be added back to Spotify.

About reaching out to us, you can always post here, but you can also find other ways to contact us here.

Hope that helps 🙂

Suggested posts