Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 7,

Operating System

iOS 11.4.1

My Question or Issue

Every time I start the app, it is freezing after flashing dots while it is loading something. The display shows the "Home" page, but buttons do not work. I cannot click "Your Library" or play, nothing responds. I have to kill the app and start it again. Second time it does not load anything and just starts up and is working fine. Why can't you update the data in the background, while showing stale data right away? Most of the time I do not need any updates, I have my songs downloaded already. Makes sense?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi,

Thank you. I did both re-installed and restarted. It does not happen all the time, so I will update this post later with the results. Thank you!

So far so good. I have not seen the flashing dots for a couple of days. I think re-install and reboot did it. Thank you so much!

Hey @vpesochi,

That sounds perfect! Really happy that you solved it 🎉

If you do need help with anything please let me know 😄

Suggested posts