Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Sync doesn't work for songs as in Spotifies Libary ignoring region availability.

Local Sync doesn't work for songs as in Spotifies Libary ignoring region availability.

Spotify was syncing about 90% of my songs from my Local Files to my phone. When I looked at the problem the songs that weren't syncing behaved like a normal file rather than a Local File. They had no local file symbol in playlists, the context menu didn't have options such as open file location. So I get if Spotify has a better version of my local file then use that, fine. and hey disabling local sync shouldn't matter since I can just stream the song. BUT if those songs aren't available in my region and you disable local sync and block streaming on devises without the mp3 then you might have a few more angry customers.

It seems like a simple logic bug that shouldn't be that hard to fix any number of ways.

1. Enable local sync when a song is not available in that region.
  2. If someone has a local file for a song in Spotifies system but not that region then enable spotify streaming that song over all of that users devices. (With say 14 days of device with that file being online).
0 Replies

Suggested posts