Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lock screen not showing correct "Now Playing track/image" in Spotify 1.0

Lock screen not showing correct "Now Playing track/image" in Spotify 1.0

When I lock my iphone, the song currently playing is not the one being displayed (title and cover art) on the lock screen. 

If the song selected before the phone is locked has an album cover image, then that song title/image continues to be displayed on the lock screen even after the next song is navigated to.

If the song selected before locking the phone does not have an album cover image, then the last song played that did have an album cover image is still displayed on the lock screen with said song's title/album cover image

I've already uninsintalled/reinstalled version 1.0 and it didn't ifx the problem.

Any help is appreciated!

8 Replies

Same issue ...

Please solve it !

I think this only affects local files-anyone else with this?

There is currently a bug with local files where it won't display album art inside the app, as well as not displaying info on the lock screen.

Hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.

I have already informed the iOS developers of the bug. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

To be clear, does it affect all local files or just some? I have a playlist that is comprised entirely of local files made available offline from my desktop's library, and some of the songs are showing album cover art on the lock screen.

It does seem like there is an issue with local files, but it is not affecting all local files (for me, anyway).

same here-some songs are working. is it possible that those local files are on spotify?

I'm not sure, but for me it's affecting all local files.

I'll post back with more info during the next few weeks if I find out a fix is coming.

I am a beta tester for the iPhone app so I'll know if it's fixed before everyone else.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

None of the files are available in Spotify itself as anything but a local file (I'm looking for these songs on a different desktop now and see all of the songs as unavailable to play because they're all local files).

It might be an issue tied to just local files, but there are some cases where I'm definitely seeing some local files show album covers on the lock screen

yeah, i see what youre saying, just tried it-some are showing. hopefully this gets patched soon

Suggested posts