Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Major issue in iOS 7 beta 3...

Solved!

Major issue in iOS 7 beta 3...

Anytime volume is adjusted in beta 3, the app crashes immediately. Works fine up until then.

Added note by MattSuda: 

Also -- the ability to re-arrange tracks (added in version 0.7.1) is not working in IOS 7 beta 3. When in "edit mode" the playlist view is bugged.

143 Replies

New Beta 3 crashes Spotify when turning up or down

Same bug with mine ( iPhone 4 iOs 7 Beta 3 ) when adjusting volume with buttons or earphone.

TEMPORARY FIX, No iOS 4 Spotify !

First off, I have an iPhone 4 running beta 3.

I found a temporary fix that doesn't require the iOS 4 app ! I have no idea why it works, but tell me if it works for you! :
1 - start a song in the music app (not sure if it's important, but for me it was an audiobook)
2 - open spotify app
3 - start song in spotify

At this point the song from the music app should stop and you should be able to adjust the volume in spotify (apparently as long as the music app is open in the background it will work)

I've successfully done this procedure twice now and it's a "custom fix" while we wait for the next spotify update.

Don't forget to tell me if it works for you or if I just got lucky!

I am having the same issue. All I care is that the app works and I can use spotify because I am happy with iOS 7 and I am not going back to 6.

Blackjak231, i think you just got lucky. I tested this on my iPhone 5 and it did not work. Maybe it only works on iPhone 4.

Same issue here and it is very irratating. Although we have to keep in mind IOS7 is still in beta. The fix above with the music app did not work for me..

App crashes when volume is adjusted In the app or the home screen. With the buttons and if you use the volume slider in the app

Also tried deleting and reinstalling

iOS 7 beta 3 just came out, and I noticed when you change the volume whenever spotify is playing, it crashes 😞

@braden123135 wrote:
iOS 7 beta 3 just came out, and I noticed when you change the volume whenever spotify is playing, it crashes 😞

Moved your post into the thread about this issue on the iOS board to keep things tidier.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Use the volume limit to set up the right volume, till there is a update to fix the problem.

I decided to look a little more into "my fix" because the problem came back today and the procedure was a bit different. Here is exactly what i did. Some of these steps may not be necessary but well, it worked ^^ (at least on my iPhone 4):

1 - Open music app

2 - Open Spotify app

3 - Go back to music app

4 - Start song in music app

5 - Bring up control panel (CP) and play with volume bar

6 - Close CP

7 - Open app switcher

8 - Go to Spotify

9 - Start song in spotify

10 - Tap the "now playing" bar at the bottom to bring the full spotify "now playin" window

11 - Bring up CP and try to adjust volume first by sliding and then with buttons

It sometimes worked, sometimes didn't... Maybe try to do it 2 to 4 times and see if it works (play arround with it too if you want)
Hopefully we'ill get an update soon 🙂

Meanwhile, hang in there spotifiers !

I've been able to avoid the crash by performing the following steps:
* Pause Spotify
* Adjust the volume
* Resume playback

I know it isn't ideal as you can't judge how loud a song is in real-time, but at least it avoids a crash.

Thank you! This does resolve the problem.

I have merged a duplicate thread with its posts into this thread. Posts are sorted in chronological order. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Also -- the ability to re-arrange tracks (added in version 0.7.1) is not working in IOS 7 beta 3. When in "edit mode" the playlist view is bugged.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It seems that this issue only affects songs that are on your playlist, not under Discover or those you search for. At least for me on iPhone 5

You have to erase the new Sporify and download the old for Ios4 and it works,did it one minute ago and it works now 🙂

How do i do that?

That has been said before, 'Spotify for iOS 4' does work, just search the App Store. But it is kind of sheit compared to the real app. But at least you can listen to music!

I appreciate you have to report bugs, but iOS 7 is in a developers beta for a reason. It's for developers to get ready to officially support iOS 7; not for the public. It's not suitable for everyday use an is quite unstable.

Rather than coming up with a work-around I'd suggest just downgrading your iPhone back to iOS 6 for everyday use as many other apps (such as Spotify & Skype) are going to have alot of crash issues.

Suggested posts