Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Major issue in iOS 7 beta 3...

Solved!

Major issue in iOS 7 beta 3...

Anytime volume is adjusted in beta 3, the app crashes immediately. Works fine up until then.

Added note by MattSuda: 

Also -- the ability to re-arrange tracks (added in version 0.7.1) is not working in IOS 7 beta 3. When in "edit mode" the playlist view is bugged.

143 Replies

Installing Spotify for IOS 4 works on iOS 7 beta 3.

Happening for me also... please fix!

feels like all these workarounds work some times but not allways. real hit and miss situation.

Check my workaround 1 page back, i havent found a time that it doesn't work yet 🙂

I have an iPhone 4s and an iPad 3 running Beta 3. The same issue occurs when adjusting volume. Spotify crashes while music plays AND while paused.

@user-removed wrote:
TEMPORARY FIX, No iOS 4 Spotify !

First off, I have an iPhone 4 running beta 3.

I found a temporary fix that doesn't require the iOS 4 app ! I have no idea why it works, but tell me if it works for you! :
1 - start a song in the music app (not sure if it's important, but for me it was an audiobook)
2 - open spotify app
3 - start song in spotify

At this point the song from the music app should stop and you should be able to adjust the volume in spotify (apparently as long as the music app is open in the background it will work)

I've successfully done this procedure twice now and it's a "custom fix" while we wait for the next spotify update.

Don't forget to tell me if it works for you or if I just got lucky!

Thanks for the try, but i think you just got lucky.  This doesn't help me at all.

Yep, the "go to album" method worked for me. However, kind of restricts you from playing anything other than albums. But better than running the iOS6 downgrade gauntlet!

Hey Whirlpool, thanks. For some reason I didn't see your post in my first read-through. It works, but annoying if you want to listen to a playlist!

Either way, thank you and let's hope iOS 7 beta 4 won't have the same problems.

Yes, I know it's not officially out yet, so I shouldn't expect perfection. And I don't. Which is why I'm making this post. Changing volume in app causes a crash. If you head back to the home screen or lock the phone, you're free to go.

Didn't know where else to post, so just wanted to share this, hopefully with the devs.

It's known thanks. I'll move your post to the relevant thread.

No worries, it's not ideal but its better than the downgrade alternative! Hope to see it fixed soon.

I think the issue is with the Discover tab. When the Spotify took that down and put back the "What's New" tab the past few days, volume up/down has worked absolutely perfect with no crashing. However as soon as the Discover tab came back, the app went back to crashing. Just something I noticed.

This is a really bad bug and is repeatable every time I have tried.

Steps to reproduce:
Open spotify
Launch any radio station and begin playing a song on the radio.
Hit any volume button on side of iPhone 5.
Instant crash after pressing volume button.

Other apps do not have this issue. I have tried it in Pandora also and it works fine. It is definitely a bug in spotify.

Ignore I missed the other post ;P. I can't read apparently.

Haha. I'll move you over 🙂

@metricton wrote:
Ignore I missed the other post ;P. I can't read apparently.

The crash only happens to me when playing songs from a playlist, and then whenever and with whatever method I change the volume.

If I play something I gotten to through the search function, or discover, the volume control doesn't crash the app.

You can adjust the volume if you're streaming a song I've noticed.
So that might be a workaround until it's fixed

Still present in beta 4...(iPhone 5 and 4) Please, i ask the ios team of spotify to look into it as soon as possible !! 😕

iOS 7 beta 4 is out... App is still chrashing... 😕

Just installed IOS 7Beta 4; still THE Same issue. So problem not yet solved unfortunately...

Suggested posts