Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing trackset support (ie. play buttons broken!)

Missing trackset support (ie. play buttons broken!)

On the iPad, the embedded 'play button' control seems to work fine in Safari iOS, and tapping the play button seems to correctly launch the Spotify app. However, it appears to see the first song and ignore the rest - bringing up the album for the first track. Is there any plan to properly support tracksets?

3 Replies

I would just like to add my experience to this issue, too (can't believe it has been here since March...).

On iOS, launching Spotify from a Spotify Play Button embedded in a blog or website, opens the track within the album.  This is fine for a track or album.

But if you pressed the Play Button on an embedded Playlist, this is not ok and does not work in the same (obviously desirable) way that it does on the Desktop version of Spotify.  On the desktop, Spotify correctly opens the playlist and plays through.

This issue renders embedded playlists useless to iOS users.  (This issue is even worse on Android).

Following up on this (again), it appears tracksets are not supported by the iOS client. I'd like to suggest this small feature be supported as soon as possible, not least of all because it will stifle the development of iOS apps which create ad-hoc playlists for consumption by the Spotify app (without the added burden and restrictions of using libspotify).

Was there any resolve to this issue? I am having a similar problem..

Recently started a music blog using Spotify Play Button - links fine to the intended song via desktop/laptop and tablet, but on mobile (iOS at least) it will only link to the first song on album the track is from.

Any workarounds?

Suggested posts