Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing volume control in iOS - way to long

Solved!

Missing volume control in iOS - way to long

Spotify community,

in relation to the Apple's iOS music app and various other players the is a very long way to go bevore you get to the volume control.

Certainly the iOS device has hardware buttons but for the daily it takes just to long or is in my view to uncomfortable.

qetuo134679

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Most people use the hardware buttons on the phone to change the volume.

You can also swipe up and change the volume using the control center in iOS.

I know that's not ideal for you, but it's not that hard. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Most people use the hardware buttons on the phone to change the volume.

You can also swipe up and change the volume using the control center in iOS.

I know that's not ideal for you, but it's not that hard. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

can we have it back in the app please. The above answer is NOT a solution. Its an alternative way and its a pain. Volume control slider back in App please.

I agree "stinkwheel." The response from the OP was at best disrespectful, and most likely meant to be hateful.

The app should have a volume control for the music output. Common sense.

IS THERE A WAY WE CAN FIX THIS?!!??!?!? Did spotify get an update or something??? Their is NO volume control button and all my songs on the bottom of my stared playlist is now ON THE TOP!! AND THE ONES FROM THE TOP ARE AT THE BOTTOM!! Can someone please tell me how to fix this??? Thank you!! 

Tried the solution you proposed (volume control in the notification center) on my iPad. Does not work on mine...

There definitely should be a slider for volume control. I love the possibility to control my Bose from the Spotify app, but the volume control slider is missing big time...!

Thanks!

To control volume, thumb the big volume dial overlayed on the home screen.

This works with normal Spotify and Spotify Connect.

As opposed to have to use an illuster 3 steps Home > Now Playing > Current Device > Volume Slider, you can control volume from almost any screen, just like jou can skip to the next or previous track.

When you are in the queue, it is even more obscure to get back at Volume Control: first exit the Playing Queue to Now Playing, and then go to Current Device > Volume Slider.

I wish there is a big thumbable dial accessible from everywhere with a single click.

BTW, I use Spotify Connect almost exculsively to control the music I play over my amplifier, and from about three to four devices (both iOS and macos).

Sorry, I cannot see a big volume dial overlayed on the home screen. Could you post a screenshot. Thanks!

Sorry to be so unclear. It is a feature request. One of the things I use a lot in Spotify Connect is volume control, so I want it to be always available and extremely easy to operate. So, I prefer a big dial over a teeny weeny slider control.

A music player without an easily accessible volume control..?

Is that a serious design decesion..? Accessing Play / Stop / Volume are the 3 MOST important buttons. Actually volume control is more important than next / previous song.

I tell you an example that shows how akward this could be:

I was sitting in an  quite environment where the iPad was attached to a tablet stand in such a way that the physical volume controls were not accessible. Someone connected a loudspeaker to the iPad, and hit play on Spotify. It was SO loud that everyone jumped, someone even spilled the coffee out. The guy didn't find the volume controls, so he tried nervously finding another way. Someone shouted at him to swipe up to have the system wide volume controls - but he didn't know that on the new iOS now you need a **bleep** second swipe left to access to the volume controls (He was an Android guy). He became really desparete to decrease volume, but in the madness, he quit Spotify (he didn't really quit, just the app went into the background), so he couldn't even stop the music. He (and everyone else) was really nervous, and finally he wanted to unplug the loudspeaker jack, but he knocked down the entire iPad stand.

PLEASE. Put the volume controls back, next to the play / stop buttons. It's part of the three MOST important buttons that any music player should have. I am not even sure who had the idea to hide it. Is this serious?

My issue is that even on the lowest volume setting in iOS, it's still too loud. I like to barely hear the music when I'm listening to it at work. And now that there's no volume control in Spotify itself, I can't lower the volume. 😞

This is not a solution for everyone. iPhone7 has an issue with some Bluetooth headphones that the volume is too loud even with the lowest audible setting. Having a volume control in the app would make these people able to continue using their headphones.

I find the lack of a sliding volume control very annoying and counter intuitive for a software company to force its users to resort to a hardware button solution to adjust volume track to track. Sonos does it properly and are obviously a listening company. Spotify please don’t be shy, please put it back. Thank you in advance.

This is only workaround 

Suggested posts