Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 11.3

My Question or Issue

Hi, The equalizer provided is nice, but could be significantly improved by adding ability to save presets and adding more than 6 EQ bands. Specificly, a band lower than 60Hz, a 35Hz band would really be ideal. A lot of headphones/speakers need EQ and the 60Hz band doesnt go low enough to cover the low-bass fequencies. 

Thank you!

-Peter

4 Replies

Would LOVE this feature, i listen on mainly my At50X headphones in many different scenarios, and am a little more sensitive to certain frequencies and balance, so to have the ability to automatically switch to a ‘sleep’ EQ preset (specifically lowered highs). Could also be good for switching between optimum adjusted EQ’s for different sound systems.

Would also really like the 6kHz band added. The Spotify equalizer includes every band 2.5x apart from 60Hz to 15kHz EXCEPT for the 6kHz band. 6kHz slider would be very useful for reducing harsh treble from brass, strings, and cymbals on some headphones and speakers.

Yes a 4kHz or 6kHz band addition to the equaliser would be fantastic not only to reduce the harshness as this frequency is the most sensitive in the ears... but also because extremely popular headphones like the AirPods Max, Bose 700, Beats Fit Pro etc all have either a under or over emphasis in around this frequency range. I only use the AirPods Max on my MacBook so i can use a 3rd Party App in order to fix the 4kHz band to +3.5db as they are so badly stock-tuned out of the box. Please Spotify add this 4kHz or 6kHz band option.....easy peasy stuff!

This feature would single-handedly convince me to always have a spotify subscription, because I use various different speaker systems and headphones, so this would be a game changer to have custom settings for each. 

Suggested posts