Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Disappearing in Offline mode

Music Disappearing in Offline mode

For some reason my music keeps dissapearing in offline mode. I download it to my phone, go offline, listen to it and then the next day it appears under "Songs" but is there is nothing listed under "Albums" or "Artists". If I go back online and open the artist list it reappears as downloaded. What's the deal?

6 Replies

I have this same problem. Whenever I take it out of offline mode, the songs will come back for a day or so. It seems that instead of actually deleting them, it's deactivating them or something. <--When I re-download them, it happens very fast, making me think they are still there, but just not accessible.

Hey JLBeaumont,

Which version of iOS are you using?

I was using 7.1.2. I just updated to 8.1 and waiting to see if the bug continues.

I'm currently using v8.1 (12B411). I haven't really started using the app until iOS 8 so I'm not sure if mine had the problem on the older OS. I use an iPhone 4S, if that's relevant.

Mine is a 4S as well. It should be a software issue though and not a hardware one.

The issue is persisting with IOS 8.2. Offline songs will appear under "Songs" but not under "Albums" or "Artists" unless I go online. I have tried deleting and redownloading the app and it still happens. If I go online and open up the album or artists it then will appear offline for a time, but then dissappear again.

Suggested posts