Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Stops Playing

Music Stops Playing

Premium

USA

iPhone 8

iOS 11.4

Spotify keeps pausing randomly. It can be several times in a song or sometimes not at all. Even while in offline mode it still does it. I don’t think it’s a network issue because of being in offline mode. I’ve tried lowering the quality but it does not change. And most songs are downloaded as well. I don’t want to re-instal the app and have to re-download all the music.

3 Replies

Hey @Carbonite, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same issue.  I restarted my device and reinstalled the app, but it didn't help.  I try to play a song and it just keeps stopping.  To the point where it'll only play for a couple of seconds and then stop again.  It seems random.  Sometime I can listen without any issues, but other times, and with seeming frequency, it's impossible to listen to at all.

Hey @Grimmer71

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this happening across devices or only on a specific one?

On another note, would you mind giving a different internet connection a go to see if that makes the difference?

Lastly, is this happening with your downloaded content as well?

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts