Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music glitch on iPhone

Music glitch on iPhone

Hi. 

In the past few days, as soon as I lock the screen on my phone, my music starts and stops by itself and skips songs. It’s like a ghost is running my Spotify. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, updated my phone and the software and it’s not helping at all. 

I have an iPhone 7 on iOS 11.3 

When I deleted the app my other music app worked fine, but as soon as I log in it happens to all my music devices. 

Please help

10 Replies

Same thing here! Freaking annoying!!!!

Same is happening to me. It only seems to be happening on the Spotify app.

iPhone 7 on the latest iOS update

Hi Tessadolan,

that sounds like an awful problem! I'll try to find a solution after you give me a bit more info;

Is this problem happening on other people's devices aswell if you log in with your Spotify Account, and does the problem occur on your device even when you log in with other Spotify Accounts?

Does the problem persist if you set Spotify in Offline mode?

Are there any other apps installed on your phone that might alter your playing media?

Can you supply a bit more information on the problem, for example how often it skips songs, or when it starts or stops; any timing you're able to give would help!

I hope we can get this fixed,

Gilbert

Hi- 

I'm having the same issue. 

Is this problem happening on other people's devices aswell if you log in with your Spotify Account, and does the problem occur on your device even when you log in with other Spotify Accounts?

not sure

Does the problem persist if you set Spotify in Offline mode?

yes

Are there any other apps installed on your phone that might alter your playing media?

no

Can you supply a bit more information on the problem, for example how often it skips songs, or when it starts or stops; any timing you're able to give would help!

happens sporadically -  sometimes as often as every 10-30 seconds, but it occurs everytime I use Spotify on my phone.  

Sometimes it will rewind the song by 10-second intervals (as if someone else is controlling it) but I have removed all other devices except my phone.  

I'm on an iphone 7 plus and the problem began after the software update.  

Same exact problem, music plays fine with app open, but glitches like crazy on lock screen or in other apps (e.g. Safari)

I should say that I previously thought the problem was a headphone lightening connection issue as my iPhone 7 Plus screen was cracked at the base of the phone, but have recently recieved a brand new iPhone 7 Plus and am experiencing the same issue!

Same problem! iPhone 7 running iOS 11.3.1 and Spotify is updated. 

Same problem... i’ve the iPhone 8 plus with iOS 11.3.1 and when i listen to an audio on whatsapp the music does not resume when it ends...

i must do it manually

I’m having the same problem too , I thought it was my phone cus I never update it but I updated it and it’s still happening 

I’ve a new problem... (IPhone 8 plus running iOS 11.4)

When i’m on instagram and play a video the music still playing... 

so the video audio and the music sound at the same time🙁

Suggested posts