Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Music keep stopping?

Solved!

Music keep stopping?

Hi,

I use iPhone 4S. After last update my Spotify keeps stopping when playing music. REALLY annoying that I have to keep logging into my phone to restart the music.

What to do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same problem. ...same solution. ..YouTube red here I come

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Unfortunately, it's one of the many bugs that is making this app into a frustrating music listening experience. You can email Spotify as I have done; they are aware of the issue but the more people that complain the better. After all we are paying £120 a year for this app and it's been broken for months. I have a 3GS and most of the problems seem to be occuring on that phone.

Ok - thanks for the update. But it used to work for me some releases ago 😞

Have you downloaded new spotify update from itunes. Apparently there was new version released yesterday which should fix crashing issues. Only just been made aware of it. I will give it a whirl tonight and see if it makes things a bit more stable. Unless of course you are referring to the fact that you are still having crashing issues with latest version?

Yup - but I still have the problem. Let me try to restart the phone - even though Unix clones normally dont require restarts 🙂

This may or may not be a common thing. But it happened to me:

I have found that if you use, for example, your Spotify-login and pays the Premium cost and then for some reason (forgetting the Spotify-password but remember Facebook's) change to use the Facebook-login it can differ them to look like two different accounts where (in this example) the Facebook-login was not used when you paid...

Therefore when you login to an iOS app it stops as you do not have "paid" on that login. Try to login with the account name you paid Premium with...

Might be a solution for some peeps.

I had the tunes play for exactly 0:38 and stopped (guess that was the cache kicking in how much the memory held). All of them was like this and then change back to the "paid account". Worked. I guess it should be the same account but this made the difference to make it work.

Not on facebook, so that isn't the problem for me. I will update app tonight and see if that works. Thanks for tip anyway.

Didn't work with the reboot - still got the problem Smiley Sad

Oh no! I will have to reserve judgement until I've done the update later myself as I have a 3GS-most of the crashes previously seemed to be related to 3GS or Android phones- not many for 4S. However there are one or two posts coming through saying that the app is still crashing after the update.

Hmm - will just sync the most important stuff for now... workaround 😉

I will be canceling my spotify subscription if this situation doesn't improve quickly.  It doesn't make sense to throw away money month after month.

Are you getting any error messages?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having the same problem (using iphone3)  My songs keep stopping after about 1 minute. Which is really annoying and frustrating.  I still can't believe spotify havn't fixed this. It have been like this for almost a month now, if it's like this next week I'll cancel my payment - thats for sure!

Yes, the error messages suggest the problem lies with my firewall.  I took the recomended steps to correct the problem, but problem persists. I've also tried turning off high quality streaming (even though it one of the perks I expect with a premium membership) and disabled hardware acceleration. Nothing has worked.  This has been an ongoing headache for several months now.  According to my calculations, I've thrown away at least $40 on a service that isn't working for me.  Unless a solution can be found before April 30th, I wlll be canceling my subscription.

@Bronxboy47 wrote:

Yes, the error messages suggest the problem lies with my firewall.  I took the recomended steps to correct the problem, but problem persists. I've also tried turning off high quality streaming (even though it one of the perks I expect with a premium membership) and disabled hardware acceleration. Nothing has worked.  This has been an ongoing headache for several months now.  According to my calculations, I've thrown away at least $40 on a service that isn't working for me.  Unless a solution can be found before April 30th, I wlll be canceling my subscription.

What are the error codes/messages you are getting?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi all,

I have this issue on an iphone 5s which I just bought. Its like someone else is logging into my account as my account keeps pausing, or spotify cannot stream music via the internet. I have changed the PW does anyone else have this issue at all? 

If someone else used your account, you would see an error message and playback would stop until you hit play again. If that is what your're getting then you can ask to have all devices on your account logged out which will fix it with the password change you already made.

Otherwise, try the steps in this post and let me know if they help.

Keeps stopping for me... So annoying... You'd expect them to get this right at least!

My music keeps stopping, I have to press the track to start it again

Spotify keeps pausing even though I've signed out everywhere. It also isn't playing in our Sonos system. We haven't had this problem for the last several months until just recently. Any other suggestions before we cancel spotify? (or should we call it Pausify?)

Suggested posts