Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.2

Spotify Version

For a couple weeks now my music on Spotify keeps pausing on its own. Obviously this is very annoying. I have tried absolutely everything that is being suggested in other forms so please do not make the same suggestions just fix the problem! Ive tried my account on a different device it still happens, I deleted the app and reinstalled and it still happens, I signed out everywhere it still happens, I disconnected my AirPods it still happens, Etc. Literally done everything thats been suggested. It happens both in the app browsing and while using other apps and while the phone is off. Im very disappointed with the lack of action being taken on this issue as I know very well I am not the first to report this. Please please please just listen to all the reports on this problem and fix it!

9 Replies

Hey there @_myiamalcolm,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

Just to make sure that no one else is using your account, take a look at this support article and follow the steps you'll find there.

You can also find useful tips on how to protect your account here.

If the issue persists, we understand that you already reinstalled the app, but just so we're on the same page, could you make sure to follow these steps? Those are for a clean reinstall, which is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If none of those work, could you let us know if the music is just pausing or if the app itself is crashing?

We'd also like to know if that happens if you log in to a different account. You can borrow a friend's or relative's account to test this.

Keep us posted. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

hi, 

Nobody else is using my account. Ive done a clean reinstall already and I have also already logged into my account on a friends device. The app is not crashing it just pauses every few seconds for every song.

Hi @_myiamalcolm,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try creating a new account with another email address and check whether songs are pausing on that one as well? This will help us determine if it's an account related issue.

We also recommend running a clean reinstall of the app on your phone, by following exactly this Step-by-step guide, as broken cache and app data might be a possible cause for this.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hi,

I have already created a new account the pausing continues. Like I mentioned before I a have already followed the steps for a clean reinstall. 

Hey @_myiamalcolm,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Could you try using a different connection, like another WiFi network or mobile data, and let us know if that makes any difference?

Also, let us know if the same happens when using the web player.

We'd also like to know the make, model, and OS version of the other device you tried.

Lastly, to help us narrow down the possible cause of the issue, also try the new free account on the other device and let us know if the issue persists, and let us know if that happens when connected to an external device, like speakers, headphones, etc.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

hi,

there is no difference using a different connection the pausing still happens. The pausing does not happen on the web player it is only the mobile app. I tried two different devices. the first was another apple iPhone 11 operating on IOS 14.2. The second device was an apple iPhone 8 operating on IOS 12. For both the pausing was still a problem. the problem still happens when using the new account on the different devices. On all devices the problem still happens when connected to any external devices.

Hi again @_myiamalcolm,

Thanks for your reply.

We recommend making sure that your device's software is up to date.

If the issue persists, could you let us know if it also happens when you're playing downloaded music while the Offline Mode is enabled, or just when you're online?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

hi,

both the Spotify app and my phones OS is completely up to date. The pausing happens online and offline with both downloaded and non dowloaded music. It should not be this hard to get in contact with help because at this point Spotify is doing an awful job with customer help. I don't want to switch to Apple Music but if this problem continues and the only thing i'm told is that its me thats creating the problem then I am going to have to switch Im not dealing with this much longer.

Hi @_myiamalcolm

Thanks for getting back in touch and for sharing that info.

In this case, we suggest that you reach out to our Support team, so they can take a closer look at your account and see what's going on. It can be through any of the channels you'll find here.

If you have any questions, just let us know!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts