Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music local files aren't downloading to iPhone

Solved!

Music local files aren't downloading to iPhone

Plan: Premium Duo
Device: iPhone SE on iOS 13.4.1

I created the playlist and added there some local mp3 music files. When I press the button of downloading all playlist nothing happens. The button just turns green.

I checked all recommendations from Spotify, in my opinion there is nothing that I could miss. I also tried to solve it with LTE, enabled modem mode and connected the notebook - nothing changed. Distributed tracks from official artists are downloading without any problems.
I really don't know, what should I do.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We recommend restarting your router and all the devices connected to the network. Also try disabling any Firewall software and making sure Spotify is allowed through the Firewall settings. Note: All the devices should be connected to the same Wi-Fi, because this won't work if one of them is running on Mobile data.

If none of this helps check with the manufacturer of your router if the Bonjour Network Protocol is supported.

Keep us in the loop. We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 11 

Operating System: iOS 13.6

So I recently went from an iPhone 8 to 11, and ever since I can't download local files onto my phone. I'm on the same wifi, even connect to my hotspot on my pc, i've tried connecting via USB, redownloaded multiple times, checked router settings and still doesn't work. 

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We recommend restarting your router and all the devices connected to the network. Also try disabling any Firewall software and making sure Spotify is allowed through the Firewall settings. Note: All the devices should be connected to the same Wi-Fi, because this won't work if one of them is running on Mobile data.

If none of this helps check with the manufacturer of your router if the Bonjour Network Protocol is supported.

Keep us in the loop. We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Windows Firewall really blocked incoming connections. There were two blocked connections with a "common" profile, I allowed them to connect and it worked. Two others with "private" profile not necessary to touch.
Thank you very much!

Hey @asmodeusowner  @mooooonshine 

The steps to sync local files from a computer to the iOS Spotify app have recently changed. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

You now need to go into the Spotify iOS app settings and turn on local file sync.

From the help article:

Note: Premium subscription is required

1. On desktop, import your local files (with the "Desktop" steps).
  2. Add the files to a new playlist.
  3. Log in on your mobile or tablet using the same WiFi as your desktop.
  4. Go to Settings --Local Files and switch on Enable sync from desktop.
    Note: You need to allow Spotify to find devices in the prompt that shows.
  5. Download the playlist with your local files.

Didn’t work?

Make sure:

• You're logged in to the same account on both your desktop and mobile
  • Your devices are connected to the same WiFi network
  • The app is up-to-date on both devices
  • Your device is up-to-date

Also, at first the Local Files playlist will show as empty in the iOS app. To be able to see the songs before they are synced over, go to Settings ---> Playback --> and make sure "hide unavailable songs" option is turned off. Now you can still see songs even if they are not available on Spotify or for local files -- not synced over yet.

Let me know how it goes.

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The Local Files option must be enabled on both devices, laptop and smartphone. Running this option only on a laptop is the most common cause of problems.

I downloaded a folder with local files to Spotify on my PC. This worked. Then I tried to sync to my iPhone and iPad. 90% of the song did sync. Some just refuse to sync. On my iPad about 20% synced. Why would only certain tracks refuse to sync. My settings on iPhone & iPad are the same… Same network.

I've been able to download local files from my PC to my iPhone in the past but just yesterday it stopped for some reason and no explanation was given, I tried to click on "Learn more" pop up on the iPhone but it doesn't direct me to a page or anything.

When I download my music to my local files it downloads but when I go to the Spotify storage on the app it says zero kb which means it really isn’t downloaded. This is a problem because when I reopen the app it says it isn’t synced with all my songs with the green download symbol under them greyed out and unplayable. Tried everything to fix it still don’t have a solution atm.

Suggested posts