Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify suddenly stopped playing through my aux cable in my car and still doesn't play?

My Spotify suddenly stopped playing through my aux cable in my car and still doesn't play?

My Spotify suddenly stopped playing through my aux cable in my car and still doesn't work. It plays through head phones but not through any external speakers plugged into my iPhone 5s.

I've tried updating Spotify thinking it could be a software update but that hasn't worked, my iPhone ear phones work but my X mini speakers don't and it doesn't play through my car using the aux cable.

I am yet to try out a new aux cable but I'm not sure if that will work. Does anyone know what else it could be?
4 Replies

A few months back mine stopped working in my subaru, after Spotify updated. The only remedies I have found is to unplug it, press play and plug it back in, or rotate the modes thru usb-bt-aux-cd then back to usb. It's very annoying to do this everytime I start the car.

It no longer gives me artists or title on my radio screen. It worked perfectly a few months ago. I would just leave my ipod in my console and never need to unplug it. Now I bring it in the house every night hoping for an app update that would fix it. No luck 😞

Thanks for the reply. I have tried pressing play and plugging it back in but that doesn't work either 😞 I really don't know what's wrong with it! It works through ear phones so I don't understand why it doesn't work through any other external speakers!

Hopefully something will get done about this soon because it seems like there's a lot of issues with it! I'm actually quite shocked that there isn't a tech support team you can go to directly!

Especially for all the paying customers 😞

I think it may actually be something to do with the phones themselves! I tried playing a song of YouTube through my speakers and it didn't play....although still worked through my ear phones! I hope this could be useful to you!

Suggested posts