Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My ipad is not recognized on the Devices

Solved!

My ipad is not recognized on the Devices

My Ipad is not recognized under the Devices, I want to be albe to have my own music under spottify as well and I don't want to pay for something that doesn't work? 

Help? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I didn't think the iPad local sync was supported - does it say iPad in the desktop client.

Make sure you're on the correct WiFi network 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@Franci wrote:

My ipad is recognized by my computer because I have a Mac and expected them all to sync together? I just really want my own music to be able to pay on my devices, and if they're not being recognized by spottify then I cant. any ideas? 

Like I said, I'm not sure local sync is supported on the iPad app. I will look into it for you. If it is, then you will need to be on the same WiFi network and you will have to have the Spotify app open on the iPad.

Marked as solution

OK, you can sync local tracks with your iPad 🙂 

Make sure you're on the same WiFi network, and try and disable your firewall 🙂 

Marked as solution

@Gilgamesh wrote:

My ipad is also not recognised on Devices and my macbook iphone and ipad are all on th same wifi.  I have premium spotify on macbook and iphone but not my ipad.  I have installed and re-installed the app on the ipad but this doesnt seem to work either

Are you sure you have logged in with the same details on all your devices? 

I can't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to log into your premium account on your iPad. Try logging out of Spotify, fully restarting the iPad and then logging in again.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

6 Replies
Marked as solution

I didn't think the iPad local sync was supported - does it say iPad in the desktop client.

Make sure you're on the correct WiFi network 🙂

My ipad is recognized by my computer because I have a Mac and expected them all to sync together? I just really want my own music to be able to pay on my devices, and if they're not being recognized by spottify then I cant. any ideas? 

Marked as solution

@Franci wrote:

Like I said, I'm not sure local sync is supported on the iPad app. I will look into it for you. If it is, then you will need to be on the same WiFi network and you will have to have the Spotify app open on the iPad.

Marked as solution

OK, you can sync local tracks with your iPad 🙂 

Make sure you're on the same WiFi network, and try and disable your firewall 🙂 

My ipad is also not recognised on Devices and my macbook iphone and ipad are all on th same wifi.  I have premium spotify on macbook and iphone but not my ipad.  I have installed and re-installed the app on the ipad but this doesnt seem to work either

Marked as solution

@Gilgamesh wrote:

Are you sure you have logged in with the same details on all your devices? 

I can't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to log into your premium account on your iPad. Try logging out of Spotify, fully restarting the iPad and then logging in again.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts