Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • Kolbewinkelman
  • Visitor
  • 877 replies
  • 325 likes
  • 877 replies
  • 325 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Community Legend
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 124 replies
  • 32 likes
  • 124 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and the steering wheel control

Hi, In my Mini Countryman, the steering wheel control "Backward" & "Forward" are not working properly with spotify.Everytime I use one of these button, Spotify stop playing and the original iPhone music app starts... Seems to be a bug RegadsMathias

• Visitor
  • Hi,   In my Mini Countryman, the steering wheel control "Backward" & "Forward" are not working properly with spotify. Everytime I use one of these button, Spotify stop playing and the ori...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app + hi-fi connection = offline?

In my living room I have a small midi system that I've plugged a phono-stereo headphone jack cable into with the intention of listening to Spotify by plugging my iPhone into this and using the Spotify app. However, whenever I try this, Spotify plays ...

• Casual Listener
  • In my living room I have a small midi system that I've plugged a phono-stereo headphone jack cable into with the intention of listening to Spotify by plugging my iPhone into this and using the Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What do you do if one of your devices with Spotify on it has been stolen?

One of my devices - an iPhone - has been stolen. I obviously won't be able to uninstall Spotify on it, although the phone has been locked down. Will this now affect my new phone when I get it? Will I be able to download Spotify on it or will Spotify ...

• One of my devices - an iPhone - has been stolen. I obviously won't be able to uninstall Spotify on it, although the phone has been locked down. Will this now affect my new phone when I get it? Will I...
  • jvanderb
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can you prevent the iPhone app from resuming play?

Every time I start/wake up the Spotify iPhone app it continues playing the last song played. Is there a way to prevent this? Cheers!

• Visitor
  • Every time I start/wake up the Spotify iPhone app it continues playing the last song played. Is there a way to prevent this?   Cheers!
  • erikeric
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes

All offline playlists have switched to Available Offline = No

Iphone 4sspotify version - 0.4.23.11. All of my playlists have switched to not being available offline - i've lost the green marker/arrow against them. I have had a large number of songs before require re-syncing which is a pain and can be time consu...

• Iphone 4s spotify version - 0.4.23.11.   All of my playlists have switched to not being available offline - i've lost the green marker/arrow against them.    I have had a large nu...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio

The fact you can not listen to The radio on iphone or ipad is a joke I have to turn on my Mac book pro just to listen to internet radio . You should be able to play The internet radio on any device just like Pandora . I pay 9.99 a month for no intern...

• Casual Listener
  • The fact you can not listen to The radio on iphone or ipad is a joke I have to turn on my Mac book pro just to listen to internet radio . You should be able to play The internet radio on an...
  • jvanderb
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

3gs can not log on

have just updated my 3gs and username and password do not accept input. the login using facebook does work but i do not have a facebook account

• have just updated my 3gs and username and password do not accept input. the login using facebook does work but i do not have a facebook account
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

facebook login on 4s

hello. i just got spotify on my iphone and when i go to login to facebook it wont let me. i hit the login button at the bottom of the screen and just puts me on the same page (does not go to next page/account info) any information on this will help. ...

• hello. i just got spotify on my iphone and when i go to login to facebook it wont let me. i hit the login button at the bottom of the screen and just puts me on the same page (does not go to next pag...
  • jvanderb
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't listen to any songs!

Hey, i got a problem. I can listen to a song for just 40-120 sec and then it stops. I have tried to reinstall the app, resync all songs, resync in 3G and wifi, delete some playlist but nothing works. The problem is still there and atm i just waste my...

• Regular
  • Hey, i got a problem. I can listen to a song for just 40-120 sec and then it stops. I have tried to reinstall the app, resync all songs, resync in 3G and wifi, delete some playlist but nothing works....
  • Kjartis
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain local files not showing album art

There are some local files at my PC which I had to add album covers to. But the problem is that the album art won't show on my iPhone. It works perfectly fine on my Mac. Some of the song which i had to add art to works, but not every song. :c

• Casual Listener
  • There are some local files at my PC which I had to add album covers to. But the problem is that the album art won't show on my iPhone. It works perfectly fine on my Mac. Some of the song which i had ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

ipod wants to login very often

hi, i'm currently using spotify premium trial on my ipod touch.since 2 weeks i've got the following issue: more or less every 2nd day spotify wants me to login / verify login status with my facebook account. no problem when i'm at home connected to m...

• hi,   i'm currently using spotify premium trial on my ipod touch. since 2 weeks i've got the following issue: more or less every 2nd day spotify wants me to login / verify login status with m...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Will I ever be able to sync all the music with my ipod nano?

Hey guys, first of all, thanks for finally starting your service in Germany -- you're doing a great job I know that my answer is kind of answered in https://www.spotify.com/help/faq/ipod-integration/can-i-sync-my-streaming-music-from-spotify-to-my-ip...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,   first of all, thanks for finally starting your service in Germany -- you're doing a great job 🙂   I know that my answer is kind of answered in https://www.spotify.com/hel...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bluetooth not working on iPhone 3gs

When enabling bluetooth on my iPhone 3gs, I can listen through my bluetooth headphones as normal in the native ipod music player. The bluetooth symbol at the top turns blue when I go to that app. However, when I open Spotify, the bluetooth icon at th...

• Music Fan
  • When enabling bluetooth on my iPhone 3gs, I can listen through my bluetooth headphones as normal in the native ipod music player. The bluetooth symbol at the top turns blue when I go to that app. &n...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The "what's new" tab just offers one album

It used to be when I tapped "what's new" I would see all kinds of top ten songs, that sort of thing. Now all it offers is U2's Achtung Baby. Odd. Where did the What's New screen go?

• It used to be when I tapped "what's new" I would see all kinds of top ten songs, that sort of thing.  Now all it offers is U2's Achtung Baby.   Odd.  Where did the What's New scre...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists

Hi, I'm new to this. Is there a way to alphabetize my playlists by Artist?

• Hi, I'm new to this. Is there a way to alphabetize my playlists by Artist?
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem

I am having the same problem. When I try to listen to a song it tells me something about my premium account?

• Casual Listener
  • I am having the same problem. When I try to listen to a song it tells me something about my premium account?
  • Richard
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone & iPad Offline Playlists erased for the second time

Hi. Once again, Spotify "customer support" has falt out refused to help me with my mobile apps. Twice, in the last month, the Spotify iOS app has removed my offline playlists from my iPad and iPhone. I keep receiving an error that it is being used on...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi. Once again, Spotify "customer support" has falt out refused to help me with my mobile apps.   Twice, in the last month, the Spotify iOS app has removed my offline playlists from my iPad an...
  • exursus
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Ipod Touch "Library" to Shuffle all Playlists?

Can you shuffle all of the playlists and tracks within on the Ipod Touch? I made lots of playlists by artist name, with hundreds of tracks in all of them. In spotify itself you can click on "library" under "collection" to shuffle all of it, but there...

• Regular
  • Can you shuffle all of the playlists and tracks within on the Ipod Touch?  I made lots of playlists by artist name, with hundreds of tracks in all of them.  In spotify itself you can click ...
  • patglennon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Bluetooth sound bad

I just set up a Bluetooth sender/receiver on my windows7 machinegood news it works, bad news the sound keeps breaking up badly, not at all acceptableIt works perfectly on Local File music directlyI am on Spottily unlimited, so thought that the stream...

• Casual Listener
  • I just set up a Bluetooth sender/receiver on my windows7 machine good news it works, bad news the sound keeps breaking up badly, not at all acceptable It works perfectly on Local File music  d...
  • alan271828
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iOS App Cleaning

I am on iOS 5.1. Every so often (every other month) the Spotify will say "Cleaning..." and I'll have lost all my offline playlists. I'll have to set them all to Offline and then spend several hours tapping the iPhone screen to prevent it going to sle...

• Regular
  • I am on iOS 5.1. Every so often (every other month) the Spotify will say "Cleaning..." and I'll have lost all my offline playlists. I'll have to set them all to Offline and then spend several hours t...
  • russtm
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes