Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Track Details or Skip Track via Bluetooth

No Track Details or Skip Track via Bluetooth

Hey all. I tried looking around for this but couldnt find a problem similar to mine. If after reading this you know where I can look, please let me know.

Anyway, I recently installed an Alpine CDE-HD137BT in my car. First time I had Bluetooth in my car, so I was pretty excited to try Spotify on it. When I paired my Iphone 4 (iOS 6.0.1) with the stereo and started up Spotify, everything seemed to work fine. That is, until I noticed that on my stereo display, there were no track details (title, artist, album). After fiddling around I found out where they were SUPPOSED to be, but all it said was ARTIST/SONG/ALBUM. Shortly after giving up that battle, I discovered that I couldn't skip tracks forward or backward.

So, in short, I can get actual audio through my car stereo via Bluetooth, but I still have to control Spotify from my phone, which kinda eliminates the purpose of Bluetooth.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I should mention that everything seems to work fine when I use the iPod function on my phone. And, it all works through my girlfriend's stock Toyota Rav4 stereo.

Thanks!

1 Reply

Same situation here in a MINI Cooper. When streaming music per Bluetooth on iOS and Spotify, as soon as you forward/skip a song the iTunes player on the iPhone takes over and starts playing whatever track there is in its queue.

Track details are OK, even Album Art is displaying fine.

The only solution is to not skip/forward at all or to interact with Spotify on the iPhone itself which makes it dangerous/distracting while driving.

Suggested posts