Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Iphone - Skip Track with Volume Buttons - any Chance to get this working?

Hey! Is there any chance to this done? I want to skip tracks in locked or unlocked iphone with the volume buttons (or any other hardware button) Is this possible at any way??

• Hey! Is there any chance to this done? I want to skip tracks in locked or unlocked iphone with the volume buttons (or any other hardware button) Is this possible at any way??
  • tomjol
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

play queue

Music that I have selected to play in a queue on my imac is not available to play on my iphone, is there any chance of getting such a feature up and running for those of us who move from one device to another and want to continue our listening experi...

• Music Fan
  • Music that I have selected to play in a queue on my imac is not available to play on my iphone, is there any chance of getting such a feature up and running for those of us who move from one device t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotifyin landscape mode!

Hi there!   When will spotify be available in landscape mode?  

•   Hi there!   When will spotify be available in landscape mode?  
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

iPad 2 crash upon opening (running iOS 6.0.1)

When I open the app, it starts loading for 1-2 seconds, then crashes. Turned the iPad off and on again, still happening. Could try uninstalling and reinstalling if that'd help.

• When I open the app, it starts loading for 1-2 seconds, then crashes.  Turned the iPad off and on again, still happening.  Could try uninstalling and reinstalling if that'd help.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium member but not able to search music on iphone

I am a premium member, pay monthly, and not able to get all my music from computer to phone and not able to search and play music from phone. I have the iphone 4....

• I am a premium member, pay monthly, and not able to get all my music from computer to phone and not able to search and play music from phone. I have the iphone 4....
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium service

I paid for premium service, was charged and still am not able to access my playlists. It thinks that I am still using free service. What do I do?

• I paid for premium service, was charged and still am not able to access my playlists. It thinks that I am still using free service. What do I do?
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Distorted/Poor Audio from iphone 4

All the tracks I have started playing back from my iphone 4 are of poor/distorted quality, whether via bluetooth in car or through hard wired cable. Music sounds fine from my itunes playlists. Any thoughts how to fix this? Anyone else had same issue?

• Regular
  • All the tracks I have started playing back from my iphone 4 are of poor/distorted quality, whether via bluetooth in car or through hard wired cable.  Music sounds fine from my itunes playlists.&...
  • Rana89
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem downloading playlists (iPod touch)

Hi, I've been having a problem with downloading songs. I just added three albums onto my spotify list but they won't download. I can play them online, but they just won't download them onto my iPod and my memory isn't even full yet. when I looked up ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've been having a problem with downloading songs. I just added three albums onto my spotify list but they won't download. I can play them online, but they just won't download them ont...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account not recognized on iPhone 5

I signed up for the free 48 hour premium trial which I was using through the Spotify app on my iPhone 5. After the trial ended, I upgraded and paid for a Premium account. Now, when I try to stream through the app, I recieve the message that "Only Pre...

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up for the free 48 hour premium trial which I was using through the Spotify app on my iPhone 5. After the trial ended, I upgraded and paid for a Premium account. Now, when I try to stream th...
  • Marco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple issues on Iphone 4

1. App continually crashes after login 2. After numerous reinstalls (partially to fix the cache bug), now I have no playlists on my phone except Starred, Local, and Inbox. Both Inbox and Starred contain the files they should, but none of the playlist...

• Visitor
  • 1. App continually crashes after login 2. After numerous reinstalls (partially to fix the cache bug), now I have no playlists on my phone except Starred, Local, and Inbox. Both Inbox and Starred co...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App keeps resetting my playlists

For a long time now, the spotify app on my iphone (4s but it was doing this before I upgrade on my old 4 as well) has been doing the most annoying thing. When I open the app, it resets my playlists to a previous state - its always the same one: it li...

• Casual Listener
  •   For a long time now, the spotify app on my iphone (4s but it was doing this before I upgrade on my old 4 as well) has been doing the most annoying thing. When I open the app, it resets my pl...
  • Har
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Setting up Spotify on 3 iPads...issue...

I have Spotify installed on my Macbook Air. I have Sonos installed on my Ipad, with Spotify setup within the Sonos app. That all works fine. Now I want to set up Spotify on 2 further Ipads (used by my kids) so they can downland their music and listen...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify installed on my Macbook Air.  I have Sonos installed on my Ipad, with Spotify setup within the Sonos app.  That all works fine.   Now I want to set up Spotify on 2 f...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Won't Sync in iPhone

Spotify won't sync local files to my iPhone 4. For example, let's say I had some mixtapes I downloaded to my laptop. I had a playlist (local files) I used to be able to listen to from my iPhone. Now with the new update, all the songs are greyed out a...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify won't sync local files to my iPhone 4. For example, let's say I had some mixtapes I downloaded to my laptop. I had a playlist (local files) I used to be able to listen to from my iPhone. Now ...
  • jroemer81
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Not Tracking Liked Radio Songs Well

I'm running Spotify Premium on PC and iPhone 5. I've liked a lot more than 3 songs while listening to various radio stations, but my "Liked from Radio" playlist is only showing three songs that I've liked. Seems like there's something wrong with this...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm running Spotify Premium on PC and iPhone 5. I've liked a lot more than 3 songs while listening to various radio stations, but my "Liked from Radio" playlist is only showing three songs that I've ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad app will not scrobble

The Spotify app on the iPad will not scrobble to Last.fm. I've reentered my Last.fm username and password a couple times, but it still won't work. I'm not having any problems scrobbling from the iPhone app, same version. The desktop app also scrobble...

• Casual Listener
  • The Spotify app on the iPad will not scrobble to Last.fm. I've reentered my Last.fm username and password a couple times, but it still won't work.   I'm not having any problems scrobbling fr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify buffering, can't play any song

Been having this problem where my spotify plays a song for 1 1/2 minute then stops and then can't play the next song... I've been trying evrything such as deleteting spotify. Set it to high quality low quality. I tried to log out and in nothing helps...

• Regular
  • Been having this problem where my spotify plays a song for 1 1/2 minute then stops and then can't play the next song... I've been trying evrything such as deleteting spotify. Set it to high quality ...
  • parkinson11
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Unlimited has stopped streaming to my iPad over WiFi

Help - I used to be able to stream music to my iPad (version 1, now left at home and hooked up to my sound system) with a Spotify Unlimited Subscription, but now I get an error message saying I need a Premium Subscription. I checked the forums and fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Help - I used to be able to stream music to my iPad (version 1, now left at home and hooked up to my sound system) with a Spotify Unlimited Subscription, but now I get an error message saying I need ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist folders stuck in deleted playlist folders

Hello. After the latest iPhone update all of my Playlist Folders (arranged by artists' names)a were moved inside of other Playlist Folders. The only recurring theme is the folders housing folders beneath them (alphabetically) are folders I deleted at...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.  After the latest iPhone update all of my Playlist Folders (arranged by artists' names)a were moved inside of other Playlist Folders. The only recurring theme is the folders housing folde...
  • kennethpost
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Cant stream from iphone to apple tv

Hello I have suddenly begun to have issues with sound via airplay. So far i have been able to stream music from my iphone4, ipad 3 wifi and ipad 3 wifi+3g to my new apple tv without any problem. But today all three devices has stopped. I can stream v...

• Hello   I have suddenly begun to have issues with sound via airplay. So far i have been able to stream music from my iphone4, ipad 3 wifi and ipad 3 wifi+3g to my new apple tv without any pr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming music fills cache and I have to keep deleting

I've noticed my Spotify cache keeps filling up and eating my memory, even when I don't download songs. For the last 3 months I've been streaming songs and now my app is continuing to use more and more memory. The only way to fix this is to delete the...

• Gig Goer
  • I've noticed my Spotify cache keeps filling up and eating my memory, even when I don't download songs. For the last 3 months I've been streaming songs and now my app is continuing to use more and mor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes