Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

On demand streaming

Somehow I can stream on demand on my computer, but when I try to play on deman in my iphone, it prompts me this message: only premium users can stream on demand. Why can I play on demand on my computer and not on my phone?!

• Somehow I can stream on demand on my computer, but when I try to play on deman in my iphone, it prompts me this message: only premium users can stream on demand. Why can I play on demand on my comput...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing music from inbox.

I got a short question. A friend send me some music to my inbox. It shows a nice little red 1 now, and i cant seem to get rid of that. Is it possible to remove the music from my inbox, or to make the number go away ? Its on an iphone btw.

• I got a short question.   A friend send me some music to my inbox. It shows a nice little red 1 now, and i cant seem to get rid of that. Is it possible to remove the music from my inbox, o...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Library different on iPad app..some albums missing!

Ok, on the iPad app search for Feist. her album "metals" isn't there. ( the interviews for the album are though under the same name but the actual album isn't). The album IS available via search. Searching on the android app for Feist shows all her a...

• Roadie
  • Ok, on the iPad app search for Feist. her album "metals" isn't there. ( the interviews for the album are though under the same name but the actual album isn't). The album IS available via search. Sea...
  • walkention
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Ios 6.0.2 / IPhone 5 major battery drain

Using system status. 4.72 CPU load at 56% utilisation for the last 15 minutes! phpne noticably warm. Went from 53% to 22%. Only correlation:- Walked into a zone with edge briefly. This has happened 4 times since iOS 6.0.2.Spotify premium account and ...

• Using system status. 4.72 CPU load at 56% utilisation for the last 15 minutes! phpne noticably warm. Went from 53% to 22%. Only correlation:- Walked into a zone with edge briefly. This has happened 4...
  • becker1337
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play my playlists on my iPad? Explain.

With an ultimate account I can create and play playlists on my computer. However, I can't play those same playlists on my wi-fi connected iPad. I have to have a premium account to do that? I'm not using 3G/4G. Why do you make that distinction (which ...

•   With an ultimate account I can create and play playlists on my computer. However, I can't play those same playlists on my wi-fi connected iPad. I have to have a premium account to do that? &...
  • Tehkdork
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Only Censored/Edited Albums Appearing on Aritst Page

Hey all, Anyone notice that you can't find explict albums from the artist page on the iOS app? It's a serious glitch that needs to be addressed. Unless I'm doing something wrong, the only work around is to search for individual songs and find the exp...

• Hey all, Anyone notice that you can't find explict albums from the artist page on the iOS app? It's a serious glitch that needs to be addressed. Unless I'm doing something wrong, the only work arou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not able to play songs on iPad

When I try and play any songs on my iPad nothing happens. The grey progress bar cannot be moved, but the artwork loads properly, and I can search without a problem too. Any suggestions? This is on an iPad 2 running iOS 5.

• When I try and play any songs on my iPad nothing happens. The grey progress bar cannot be moved, but the artwork loads properly, and I can search without a problem too.   Any suggestions? Th...
  • rjc241
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting push notifications from myself

I get push notifications that I (myself) have added a song to my own playlist on both my iphone and ipad. I have not been able to turn these off even though I have disabled all push notifications for spotify. Any idea what it could be? Tried logging ...

• Casual Listener
  • I get push notifications that I (myself) have added a song to my own playlist on both my iphone and ipad.    I have not been able to turn these off even though I have disabled all push ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not working.

Hello!Same problem as almost everyone below. After updating my iphone last night, my spotify premium account stopped working. All my playlists are gone, and it says that I have to have an Premium account. Although Im logged in with the same username ...

• Hello! Same problem as almost everyone below. After updating my iphone last night, my spotify premium account stopped working. All my playlists are gone, and it says that I have to have an Premium...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot log in on iPad.

I just got Spotify for my iPad yesterday. However, I cannot log in. I keep geting a login failed. Could not log in to Spotify. Maybe you've changed or mispelled the password? Why can't I log in to Spotify? I can log in just fine on the computer, but ...

• I just got Spotify for my iPad yesterday. However, I cannot log in. I keep geting a login failed. Could not log in to Spotify. Maybe you've changed or mispelled the password? Why can't I log in to Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All Songs deleted!!!

Hello, I just wanted to use my iPod as Spotify offered my to sync with it as I connected it. However it didn't work at all and the most important thing is that it told me to backup all my stuff but in DELETED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! Now my iPod is just c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I just wanted to use my iPod as Spotify offered my to sync with it as I connected it. However it didn't work at all and the most important thing is that it told me to backup all my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

iPad: support syncing folders

Hi, Is it me, or whole folders cannot be synched in one go in the new iPad app? In the iphone version this was possible, but now it seems like I have to go into each one of the playlists inside a folder to select that I want to enable offline mode fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Is it me, or whole folders cannot be synched in one go in the new iPad app? In the iphone version this was possible, but now it seems like I have to go into each one of the playlists inside a fol...
  • laglj
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone doesn't show up under 'Devices'

I used to use my iPhone 4 with Spotify, and it worked great. A couple months ago I got the iPhone 5 and after setting it all up I found it would not show up under Devices in Spotify while plugged into USB. I do not have a wireless router here (bit of...

• Visitor
  • I used to use my iPhone 4 with Spotify, and it worked great. A couple months ago I got the iPhone 5 and after setting it all up I found it would not show up under Devices in Spotify while plugged int...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

premium does'nt work aftet changing iphone

Hi, My account is gabriel.ansel and since I changed my iphone my premium account is not recognized on my mobile (although it is on my computer...) Can you help me ? Gabriel

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   My account is gabriel.ansel and since I changed my iphone my premium account is not recognized on my mobile (although it is on my computer...)   Can you help me ? Gabriel ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Iphone

Hi, I have had the Spotify free account for some time now. I just got the Iphone 4S for Christmas so I bought Spotify Premium because it is the easiest way for me to listen to music on my Iphone. My problem is that the premium account is working on m...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have had the Spotify free account for some time now. I just got the Iphone 4S for Christmas so I bought Spotify Premium because it is the easiest way for me to listen to music on my ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problems with premium

I have premium now but I paid while I was still on the free trial. Now on the top of my phone it says: Spotify premium trial has ended. But I paid for it and can still stream the music and everything. I just wast the message at the top to go away. Pl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium now but I paid while I was still on the free trial. Now on the top of my phone it says: Spotify premium trial has ended. But I paid for it and can still stream the music and everything...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Using spotify repeatedly on two devices?

To my understanding, the Premium subscription allows for multiple devices to be used with the account. I.e computer, iphone, ipad etc. But when im listening to music on my iphone in my room, and my brother borrows my ipad and tries to listen to music...

• Casual Listener
  • To my understanding, the Premium subscription allows for multiple devices to be used with the account. I.e computer, iphone, ipad etc. But when im listening to music on my iphone in my room, and...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account only syncing local files

I have a premium account and an up to date iphone 5, but the app will only sync local files. Thanks in advance for the help!

• I have a premium account and an up to date iphone 5, but the app will only sync local files. Thanks in advance for the help!
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music on spotify app on iPhone different to my library?

I have put some Oasis CD's on to my iTunes and it works on iTunes and it alsoworks on my spotify on my PC. But when I try and play Oasis on my spotify app on my phone, it either plays an instrumental version or doesnt play anything? What is going on?

• Regular
  • I have put some Oasis CD's on to my iTunes and it works on iTunes and it alsoworks on my spotify on my PC.   But when I try and play Oasis on my spotify app on my phone, it either plays an i...
  • amb543
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

CANNOT LOGIN IN WITH FACEBOOK

I CHANGED STATUS TO OFFLINE TO PLAY PLALIST IN CAR. NOW I CANNOT LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK TAKES ME BACK TO SPOTIFY ICON IN I-PHONE. HELP

• I CHANGED STATUS TO OFFLINE TO PLAY PLALIST IN CAR.  NOW I CANNOT LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK TAKES ME BACK TO SPOTIFY ICON IN I-PHONE. HELP
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes