Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing Problems

Syncing Problems

Hi, I am using an Iphone 5 and a Windows 7 PC for spotify. Ever since the 6.0 spotify update, I have been experiencing multiple synching problems.

Firstly, my iphone will not connect to spotify to sync local files, and I am following all of the directions to do this. My nexus 7 is syncing fine, it is just my iphone that is the problem.

Secondly, my iphone will stop syncing regular files at random points and will not start synching them again unless I log out then log back in.

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify on both my computer and my iphone. I have also tried various methods of restarting my router, restarting spotify on my iphone and computer, going into offline mode on each device, etc. 

Also a side note, does anyone else think that the 6.0 update on ios sucks? It's so much uglier than the old one! It feels much worse to operate. Also I had no problems until the update. I think it's dumb that spotify won't still offer the old versions of their software in case some people dislike it; I looked all over the internet for 5.11 (the previous update) and couldn't find it anywhere. 

Anyway, please let me know if you have any ideas on how to solve the syncing problem.

Thanks!

3 Replies

I also checked my firewall and spotify is allowed; I also tried disabling it and that also did not work.

When you say that you disabled the firewall, did you actually disable it and CLOSE down Spotify and then re-open it?

I have the same problem and in my case it`s the firewall that blocks the iPhone..can`t figure out how to allow it..

Secondly, my iphone will stop syncing regular files at random points and will not start synching them again unless I log out then log back in.

I have the same problem, still waiting for solution.

Suggested posts