Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App. does not start anymore

Spotify App. does not start anymore

I use an iPhone 4S with actual iOS Version in Switzeland.
I have a Premium Account.

Since a few days, the app does not start (i can see a shortly a black header and a white page, then it disappears)

I've deleted the safari history and also the cookies & data.
Then i've reinstalled spotify with no success - same problem.

Any idea for a solution?
4 Replies

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Of course, im not a newbie.
I did all the standard procedures in such cases.

I also logged out from facebook, checked that no vpn is active and no headset is connected.
I even tried with and without wifi connection.

The spotify support dont gave me a solution yet.

Have you tried to download a free app from the App Store. Once it downloads, your other apps should work properly again(?)

Here are a few other things you can try:

- Hold the home button and power button on your device until you see the apple logo - once phone reboots test.

If that didnt fix it try this.

1. Connect to computer

2. Click on iPhone under devices.

3. Click on Apps tab

4. Uncheck Sync apps - click remove - click apply

5. Recheck sync apps - Recheck all apps desired-  apply

As i told you i've tryed all the standard procedures (Including Shutdown, wait 15 sec, Boot => according spotify support AND also the reboot procedure you described)

I downloaded now a free app from the app store with no success when trying to start spotify after (i've never heard of such a procedure wich solve a app-problem, can't really believe that this will have influence at all where you get this hint from?!?)

I try the Sync apps later at home, but i don't understand what's the difference of this procedure to remove and install directly on the iPhone - the only thing i see here, is that it will uninstall/install ALL my apps. Probably i will also lose all my apps settings this way, wich would be really troublesome.

So please tell me whats the reason/justification  for this procedure (remove/install all apps new instead of just reinstall spotify).

I don't have any other troubles with my iPhone, i also have enough free disk space.

Suggested posts