Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My music dowloads transferred to my IPHONE?

My music dowloads transferred to my IPHONE?

I used to use ITUNES for everything and I downloaded songs from MP3 rocket. All my downloads from MP3 rocket are on my Spotify under local files. But, if I go to local files on my iphone- there is nothing. What can I do to transfer songs to iphone?

2 Replies

First make sure that both your computer and your iPhone are connected to the same WiFi network.

Then make sure you click on "devices" in the left sidebar in the Spotify desktop app. Your iPhone should show up in the list. Then click "sync this device with Spotify".

Then, to sync your local files to your iPhone app:

1: Make a new playlist and title it "Local Files"

2: In the left sidebar under "Your Music" click on "Local Files" (not the playlist you just created)

3: CTRL + A or COMMAND + A to select all of them and then right click and select "add to" and add them to the "Local FIles" playlist you created

4: Open the "Local Files" playlist you created on your phone and find the "Available Offline" toggle at the top of the playlist and switch it to on

It might take a while to sync all of the songs over

Then every time you add a new local file on your computer, make sure it's also inside of this playlist.

Hopefully this helps. This is what I have done to make sure my local files get downloaded to my phone properly.

Note: Album art for local files will be missing. This is currently a bug the developers are looking into and will hopefully be fixed soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

my wifi doesnt work how bout dat

Suggested posts