Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My playlists on my phone are stuck loading

My playlists on my phone are stuck loading

So I have a Spotify premium account for months now and I haven't had any problems until now.

A few days ago I updated Spotify on my phone (iPhone 4 iOS 6). The current version I have now is 0.9.3.212. I opened the app and poof* I saw all my playlists disappear in a blink. I thought what the..? I also have an iPad (un-updated) and my playlists there seem unharmed, which also applies for Spotify on my laptop.

What's going on here? I have already searched through the web and over here, but I couldn't find anything useful. Can anyone please help me with this? I would really appreciate it. I miss my songs when I'm on the road 😞

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Mod edit: made title clearer for other users with the same problem.

25 Replies

Weird, try restarting your device by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen. Does it work now?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've tried that but nothing changed. I also deleted the app and then downloaded it again.

How am I the only one who got this problem? Spotify on my iPad is now also updated to the newest version, but my playlists are just fine. What can I do? This really sucks because I pay for it every month, you know 😞

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Updated spotify on my iPhone and everything is gone, but it is still there on all my other devices? Does anyone know what is wrong? Thanks in advance!

Would it be possible to grab a screenshot of this issue?

Peter

I also have this problem since a few days back. Playlists are gone on my iphone but nowhere else. I have tried to log out, reinstall in every possible way, but nothing helps.

@gbarle - I'm trying to collect some details about this so I can raise it as an issue. 

Could you let us know:

- Your Spotify version

- Your iOS version

- A screenshot of the issue? 

Peter

Hi,

That would be great!

I have version 0.9.3.212

iOS 6.1.3

Also, my account isn't workning at all on my iPhone. I can search for/find music, but when I try to play it, it just ends up loading. 

Thanks!

Hi, i m having the same problem!!

i still have the iOs 6 version on my iphone 4, few days ago i updated spotify, and since then i m no longer able to use it on my mobile, it works more than fine on my laptop. I did try to uninstall and install it again, but without results.

the plyalist area is empty end though i go on my profile, it keeps on loading the selected playlist and ends up saying it s empty....heeelp!!!

Same here.

Spotify 0.9.3.212 iOs 7.0.5

Starting new the iPhone does it. All works fine.

I got Spitify last week (30 days trial premium with automatic prolongation into premium membership). First day I made a playlist on my laptop (IOS 10.6.8) and syncted this with my Iphone 4 (6.1.3) and all worked fine, online and offline. Next day the playlist disappeared from my phone, but it's still there on my laptop. I can get my phone to sync with Spotify on my laptop, however it wont transfer music. Also if I create a playlist on my phone it works, but when I close the Spotify app and later reopen it the playlist is gone. This happened several times.  I've logged off and on again on both devices, I've re-installed the app, nothing works! Help!

Spotify version 0.9.3.212

Strange, sounds like the phone is having trouble connecting to Spotify, are you connecting via WiFI or the mobile network?

Peter

Hi all,

If you're still having this issue, can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing in the Playlists tab on iOS? There might be a few separate issues here and a screenshot will help us check.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Wow, it seems that I'm not the only one having this problem!

Ok, so there's another thing that is pretty odd. I didn't want to make any more playlists because I thought that would destroy my chance on getting the old ones back. But (as nosey as I was) I've added a new playlist of an album I liked.

Next day, same story. It disappeared in front of my eyes! 😞

Unfortunately Spotify on my phone is pretty useless (and boring) now.

I made three screen shots of the Spotify app (version 0.9.3.212) on my iPhone (iOS 6.1.3):

foto.PNG  foto2.PNG  foto3.PNG

At first I had some local files, but now are these missing too. The second one is when I go to my profile and then select a playlist over there. All I see is a loading page with no info. The third one is pretty obvious I guess, also no information at all.

I've logged in several times (also with my Facebook account), I deleted the app and reinstalled it again and I shut down the whole thing, but these things didn't solve the problem. I hope this will be enough information for the makers of Spotify to look for a solution. I hope it's not a simple one like; update your phone to iOS 7 (because I have my reasons for not doing that :p).

Ok, thanks again and I hope I will hear from you soon 🙂

Some days ago I added some songs to my playlists on my Mac. Yesterday I noticed that these songs didn't appear on my iPhone.

Because of that I reinstalled Spotify on my phone but now it is stuck loading. (See Screenshot)

Any Ideas?

2014-02-12 21.18.59.png

Hey @user-removed -- I've moved your post into this thread where other users are having the same problem.

What version of iOS are you using? Does restarting your iPhone by holding Home and Lock together for about 10 seconds help at all?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I have the exact same problem using a iPhone 4 with iOS 6.1.3 and Spotify 0.9.3.212. Reinstallation didn't help at all.

This exact same problem started happening on my phone a few days ago as well. Also using an iPhone 4 and reinstalled the latest version of Spotify.

Hi @joosie & @user-removed Could you both please try doing a hard reset twice? If you're still having trouble please let me know. 

Not sure why I didn't think of doing that, but it worked! Thanks so much. 🙂

Suggested posts