Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My spotify starred list order has somehow reversed

Solved!

My spotify starred list order has somehow reversed

My starred playlist has reversed order to oldest at the top with new songs now added to the bottom of the list on all my apple mobile
Devices. Very frustrating! Not sure how it changed but can't see any settings to change it back. Tried changing on desktop Mac with no effect.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same here. Scroll to the top of the playlist until the search bar appears. To the right is a three horizontal bar icon, which you can tap to pull up a "Sort By" menu. Change to recently added.

There doesn't, however, seem to be a permanent "default" sort order that you can change, which is frustrating. However, the above is a current workaround.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Pull down the list, it's now three short bars top-right. Same menu as lets
you select to filter by downloaded albums only.

Hope that helps?

View solution in original post

21 Replies

I have the same... Horrible
Marked as solution

Same here. Scroll to the top of the playlist until the search bar appears. To the right is a three horizontal bar icon, which you can tap to pull up a "Sort By" menu. Change to recently added.

There doesn't, however, seem to be a permanent "default" sort order that you can change, which is frustrating. However, the above is a current workaround.

Thank you!

Same here! Bloody annoying! The starred playlist is in the right order on my MacBook - that is, the newest additions on top of the list - but on both my iPad and iPod it suddenly appeared in reversed order a few days ago.

I hate it!! 😞

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the solution offered by xebby - thanks! Hope it stays sorted like selected in that menu then 🙂  Still wonder why that particular playlist was suddenly reversed on both my iPad and iPod but not on my MacBook though!

Scroll to the top of the playlist until the search bar appears. To the
right is a three horizontal bar icon, which you can tap to pull up a "Sort
By" menu. Change to recently added.

Thank you! I was going crazy trying to find the answer.

Hey guys,

This is because the starred playlist used to show the newly added songs at the top.

Spotify has converted all starred playlists into regular playlists to give users more control over it, so the most recently added songs will now be at the bottom like regular playlists.

To show the newly added tracks at the top,

When you are in a playlist scroll up the the top and tap on this and then select "Recently Added"

iOSsort.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thank you!!!!

Thanks! It helped so much.

I have this problem on my macbook though, my playlist on my phone is correct, but the one on my laptop is completely messed up. how can i fix that?

Thank you!

i will include you in my good night prayers tonight good sir. thank you so much!

Thats really nice of you to say!

--
Dennis Lubbers
www.dennislubbers.nl
Netherlands call: 0610898793
Germany call: 0176-76860594

The answer to this problem that a few have posted doesn't work for me. When I scroll up there are no "3 bars" that magically appear. And why isn't this always something that is eaily fixed?????

Thanks, I think Spotify updated something because all of a sudden I had this problem as well since a week or so.

This worked! Thanks!

Ugh! Please help! When I tap the three horizontal dots at the top of my Starred playlist, my menu lacks the "Sort by" option?  Any ideas? 

And does Spotify ever watch and respond to The Spotify Community? Both online and with upgrades and agonizing bug fixes? 

This just happened to me, even after re-installed app it persisted. Now it's SOLVED.

Thanks OP. You're a gentleman and a scholar 🙂

Ty soooo much..

I also don't have the sort by option in the 3 dots either?! Either I'm losing my mind or I'm looking in the wrong place, help!

Suggested posts