Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My welcome page does not change thumbnail since day one

My welcome page does not change thumbnail since day one

My welcome page does not change thumbnail since day one. how can I change them? As attached in the attachment with red circle indicated.

IMG_8165.jpg
5 Replies

Me too. Why nobody replied to this issue yet? I've had this problem since I subsribed to Spotify Premium. When I was on free 1-month premium period everything was ok and shortcuts on home page were updating frequently. Now mine is stuck on one shortcut and nothing is changing since about a week. 

I've tried reinstaling app (clean install) and different settings. I've even cancelled my subscribltion but it did nothing.

I personally think it's an account bug, not app. I think it's related to this bug which I also have (with desktop app) - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-Recently-Played-section-not-updating-anymore...

Hey there @Superpon and @maymaymay5,

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

If you can't see your welcome screen refreshing it's a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If this doesn't occur on multiple devices, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

@Superpon - Can you perform a clean reinstall to see if the issue persists? This will get you the latest app version with all necessary updates. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.

Now the problem on my iphone is gone. But on Windows10 remains same problem.

I already tried uninstall & reinstall several times and still no luck for win10.

also, now I have another problem. My account cannot see "Good morning / Good afternoon" thumbnails anymore. This happen both on ios and Win10.

I'm having the same issue. Under Good Afternoon it never changes from these two podcasts. I've tried retraining the algorithm, logging on and off, deleting app, doing a clean re-install. Nothing seems to work. One of the podcast listened I always listened to once and I never subscribed. So I really don't ever want to see it. It's been there for 3 months straight.  I chatted with support and they wanted me to do an account transfer.

I checked on the Mac app and it doesn't even say Good Afternoon or anything like that so I can't tell if it's stuck there too. Doesn't seem to be. It's just my phone. I don't really have any other devices to check on.

Please, please, please fix.  

Hey folks,

There are other users who'd like the ability to change what's on their landing screen. Check out this Idea discussion for more info. Add your +Vote, and don't let the idea status discourage you.

If your Good Morning/ Afternoon and similar mixes are not updating, you can always transfer your music library to a new account and start over with a recalculated algorithm. Note that Private listening, and not granting the app all required permissions may result in fewer or no updates to that kind of automatically generated content.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts