Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need a date added feature on ios platforms

Need a date added feature on ios platforms

On browser i can goto a playlist i'm following and go straight to the latest tracks using 'date added' and click to most recent.
you cannot do this on iphone or ipad.

So if you follow a playlist of 4000 tracks you can imagine it would be quicker to have a date added feature like you do on your browser version.

any help would be muchos apprecios!

11 Replies

Its not possible on iPhone, but on iPad if you are on a playlist and scroll up so you can see the filter box, there is a sort option and you can sort by added date descending. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Why not possible with iPhone ??! Most users use iPhone instead iPad to listen music!

It's really true with a playlist of 1000 or more tracks, it's impossible to know exactly what track has been recently added!

Please make an update to fix it, it will be no complicated!

You should have the filter option on iphone too. Just drag down any track list to reveal it at the top. Recently added should be one of the options.

Not exactly. With my music, yes, indeed, there is just a symbol next to the search field "filter" and then I can sort by date added. But the music of a playlist I also search field "filter" but not the small symbol!

Perhaps a bug?

It's unbelievable that we can't sort by date added!

Or at least that there have not a solution for what are the latest titles added to a playlist, a brand, a "new" symbol, I don't know...

I agree, I have no idea why it has not been implemented either. It seems that Android has better sorting features as well. You should Kudos this idea post so Spotify knows that this is something its users desparately want:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Sorting-playlists-iOS/idi-p/566476

Thank you but there is a problem with your link.

An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url.

Oops, that's my mistake. Edited my original post.

Done 😉

I hope it will be implemented quickly!

Me too. Seems like a pretty crucial feature in any good music library, no?

Yes, completely! We can't know where are new titles when playlist is updated, very painful!

There is "date added" sort function of our music, but not with titles of playlist, why?!

Suggested posts