Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Can't share with "Spotify People" on iPhone (but can on Desktop app)

DescriptionUnable to share with "Spotify People" using the iPhone app. There are no issues sharing tracks using the Desktop client. I recently deactivated my Facebook account and since reactivating it I am no longer able to share using the iPhone app...

• Description Unable to share with "Spotify People" using the iPhone app. There are no issues sharing tracks using the Desktop client. I recently deactivated my Facebook account and since reactivating...
  • Gidyin
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Synced Playlists streaming data usage

I have synced playlists. Because many of the tracks in my playlis will not play in "offline" mode, I need to be online. If I'm online and the tracks are synced, do they still use data over my 4g or do they play from the local device? thanks, Joe

• I have synced playlists.  Because many of the tracks in my playlis will not play in "offline" mode, I need to be online.  If I'm online and the tracks are synced, do they still use data ove...
  • Rafael
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! app says I'm offline when I'm not, won't open

Tried to open iPhone app and I get the Browse screen that tells me I'm offline. Checked other apps, all open fine, I AM online. When I click in the upper left corner nothing happens, like it's locked. Very frustrating, as this renders the app totally...

• Roadie
  • Tried to open iPhone app and I get the Browse screen that tells me I'm offline. Checked other apps, all open fine, I AM online. When I click in the upper left corner nothing happens, like it's locked...
  • jackory
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login behind a firewall via a proxy server

Hi all, Hopeing someone can help, I have been asked to get the Spotify app working within my school on iPads. At first we thought it was the Proxy/webfilter which all web traffic is directed at. I released the various IP address mentioned in the post...

• Hi all,   Hopeing someone can help, I have been asked to get the Spotify app working within my school on iPads. At first we thought it was the Proxy/webfilter which all web traffic is direct...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • firewall
    proxy server
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No way to filter synched files only?

I'm new to Spotify, but have used other services like Rdio and Deezer. In both of these, there is an easy and obvious way to show only your synchronized files, so that you can browse and play freely without the worry of having in internet connection....

• Music Fan
  • I'm new to Spotify, but have used other services like Rdio and Deezer. In both of these, there is an easy and obvious way to show only your synchronized files, so that you can browse and play freely ...
  • cdechery
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Compound issue: Can't sort playlists AND can't remove from playlist while listening to a song

So there are two issues: 1) You can't sort a playlist by Arist or Song 2) You can't delete a song when you are on the "cover art" screen This creates an issue when I want to modify playlists live. There is no "remove from playlist option" when I list...

• Casual Listener
  • So there are two issues:   1) You can't sort a playlist by Arist or Song 2) You can't delete a song when you are on the "cover art" screen   This creates an issue when  I wan...
  • k3v032
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • custom
    Sort Artists
    Sort Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I play a Spotify playlist concurrently on multiple metworked devices in my home?

How do I play a Spotify playlist concurrently on multiple metworked devices in my home? Current scenerio: I live in a large home with multiple levels. I have networked device(s) in each room with the Spotify app installed on each. In order to listen ...

• Casual Listener
  • How do I play a Spotify playlist concurrently on multiple metworked devices in my home?   Current scenerio:  I live in a large home with multiple levels. I have networked device(s) in e...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

If I click anything during a search, Spotify acts like I "cancelled" the search.

I sure hope this was a mistake on Spotify's end. After a search, if I click on anything the search disapears and the list of songs and order goes back to what it would have been before the search. The "cancel search" animation is shown. For example, ...

• Visitor
  • I sure hope this was a mistake on Spotify's end.   After a search, if I click on anything the search disapears and the list of songs and order goes back to what it would have been before the...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify unlimited on mobile

Hi, i was just wondering i love having spotify on my phone but are there any perks for unlimited subscribers on mobile coming such as not getting served ads? thanks!

• Regular
  • Hi,   i was just wondering i love having spotify on my phone but are there any perks for unlimited subscribers on mobile coming such as not getting served ads?   thanks!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 5s iOS 7 sharing issue

I have a Premium account and a iPhone 5s with ios7. I am unable to share tracks via SMS or email. Each time I try to share a track a window pops up and disappear immediately and am return to the screen with track I am trying to share. Is anyone else ...

• I have a Premium account and a iPhone 5s with ios7. I am unable to share tracks via SMS or email. Each time I try to share a track a window pops up and disappear immediately and am return to the scre...
  • SegmentZero
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium not working on iPhone

My account has stopped working we are given premium as part of our contract with work. Why has it stopped working?

• My account has stopped working we are given premium as part of our contract with work. Why has it stopped working?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs will skip automatically and count skips against me.

Using an iPhone 5. Songs seem to skip by themselves for no reason. It also counts as a skip for me, and it's getting really annoying.

• Casual Listener
  • Using an iPhone 5. Songs seem to skip by themselves for no reason. It also counts as a skip for me, and it's getting really annoying.
  • aten97
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play repeats songs

So I am using shuffle play for my playlist on IOS 7 of about 250 songs. On two seperate occasions today, I heard the same song and I had'nt been listening that long either time. This is not the first time I noticed this. For some reason when you shuf...

• Roadie
  • So I am using shuffle play for my playlist on IOS 7 of about 250 songs. On two seperate occasions today, I heard the same song and I had'nt been listening that long either time. This is not the first...
  • elmerb
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The new iPhone application performs horribly

I've never seen an application perform this poorly. It constantly locks up, slow to respond, and crashes frequently on my iPhone 4. I literally cannot use the application at all when connected over USB in my car because it crashes or stops responding...

• Visitor
  • I've never seen an application perform this poorly. It constantly locks up, slow to respond, and crashes frequently on my iPhone 4. I literally cannot use the application at all when connected over U...
  • woodfred
  • 43 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 43 replies
  • 17 likes

With Spotify Premium but still has the only shuffle play

Hi everyone, I'm trying Spotify Premium for 30 days, I put one of my lists in OFFLINE mode on, but when I listen to it It doesn´t let me choose any song, I only have the Shuffle Mode on. I want to be able to choose the songs I want, at the time I wan...

• Hi everyone, I'm trying Spotify Premium for 30 days, I put one of my lists in OFFLINE mode on, but when I listen to it It doesn´t let me choose any song, I only have the Shuffle Mode on. I want to be...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on iPad is draining battery faster then it can charge

Spotify is draining my Ipad battery quicker then it can charge ?!?!... OK I'm also streaming it via BT to my speakers but this can't be the purpose I assume ... Any idea's ? Spotify is the only app running at this time.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify is draining my Ipad battery quicker then it can charge ?!?!... OK I'm also streaming it via BT to my speakers but this can't be the purpose I assume ...   Any idea's ? Spotify is the...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Latest iOs, iphone5s] Not synching local files+Not showing up under devices

My music was scrambled all over my pc and spotifyt wasn't synching to my phone. I figured that if I'd relocate and reorganise them they should be able to sync. To no avail. What I tried: Memory: 30-ish gb left, 2gb music to sync - shouldn't be the pr...

• Music Fan
  • My music was scrambled all over my pc and spotifyt wasn't synching to my phone. I figured that if I'd relocate and reorganise them they should be able to sync. To no avail.   What I tried: ...
  • niekt
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium does not work on iphone but ipad.

I have an premium account for longer. Since the latest update, my iphones think I am a free user. In get adds and shuffle play. Signed out and in several times, Even reinstalled Spotify. It does not work. Bills are paid and my profile is on Premium. ...

• I have an premium account for longer. Since the latest update, my iphones think I am a free user. In get adds and shuffle play. Signed out and in several times, Even reinstalled Spotify. It does not ...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Queue music

When I want to add a song to Queue I get the message "Could not load tracks. This tracks are currently unavailable. Please try again later." Then it says that the song is queued but it isn't. It just skips to the next song in the playlist. This happe...

• When I want to add a song to Queue I get the message "Could not load tracks. This tracks are currently unavailable. Please try again later." Then it says that the song is queued but it isn't. It just...
  • valochelabrioch
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • error reporting
    queue
    queue management
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

iPod Touch Still Does Not Play Spotify Songs

Hello. I have a fifth generation iPod Touch and I posted a message on here, under a different account, about the program not playing songs when I tap on them, but they play when I tap on them using our iPad Air. I was told to do a reinstallation of t...

• Hello.  I have a fifth generation iPod Touch and I posted a message on here, under a different account, about the program not playing songs when I tap on them, but they play when I tap on them u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes