Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Iphone 6 will not make Playlists available offline.

Solved!

New Iphone 6 will not make Playlists available offline.

I just Upgraded to an Iphone 6 and only part of my songs are downloaded to be available offline. I am using wifi for my internet connection, And it doesn't show that it is Downloading any. Also, because I share my spotify with my PC Desktop as Well, I have noticed that I am UNable to make any of my Playlists available offline on my PC. (I don't need them to be available off line on my PC, but I don't know if that is effecting my phone)

The biggest problem is when I play my music while on the road, and out and about it is Using ALL my data! I did not have this issue with my iphone 4s.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The app needs to be open for Spotify to continue to download the songs. Are you closing the app when downloading?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

The app needs to be open for Spotify to continue to download the songs. Are you closing the app when downloading?

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thank you, I think I have been closing it down.

Tip:

What I usually do is plug my phone in to charge, and then go into the iPhone settings (General --> Auto Lock)

and I set the auto lock to "never"

Then I leave the Spotify app open so it can download all the songs.

Then when it's done, make sure to change the Auto Lock setting to what it was on.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Im having the same issue and tried your suggestion but it did not work for me. Do you have any additional suggestions?

Suggested posts