Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New challenges adding a song to a playlist (iOS)

Solved!

New challenges adding a song to a playlist (iOS)

In the latest updates it has become harder and harder to add a song to a playlist. I have more then 250 playslist. I ordered them alphabetically.

- in the normal list my playslist are ordered alphabetically (by hand = custom order) but when I want to add a song to a playlist, in the pop-up page that appears, the playlist are ordered randomly. Hard to find that one list between 250. No setting influences that. It used to be just like it is listed, in my case: custom order.

- when I add a song it used to show a short toast on top of the screen "song added to playlist". Now it shows nothing. So you are not fully sure it went well. "Did I clicked wrong?". So I retry again and then get "already in playlist".

- my preferred filter in my Library is "playlist". Since recently I have to set that every time, over and over again. It used to be saved. It is now one click more every time.

I often do this will driving on a bike or car. It has now become very challenging. Could you repair this?

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 13

Operating System

iOS15

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Chrizzzly!

Thanks for getting back to us and voting for the idea.

We can confirm that the order in which playlists show in the Add to playlist menu is automatically set and doesn't always match the custom order a user has created. Most often the most recently playlists appear on top, but you should also get a search bar to help reach your preferred list faster.

As for the message that a song has been added to a list - you should still be able to see it. Could you let us know if you've done any troubleshooting to try and remedy that, so that we'll know what else to suggest?

The filters on the Your Library page don't get saved automatically and you can choose one when you open the tab. We also have an idea to implement the option to do that here. You can leave a +Vote to support it.

Hope this info helps. Keep us posted.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi @Chrizzzly,

Thank you for your kind reply. 

It's odd the message isn't showing when you add a song to your playlist. We tested this and weren't able to replicate it. 

Could you give a try to these steps to perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will remove any old files or damaged cache from your phone. As a heads up, you'll need to download your playlist for offline listening again. 

Let us know how this goes!

MafeGModerator

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi @Chrizzzly,

thanks for reaching out !

I'd like to direct you to this idea which seems pretty similar to what you suggested on your post - add you +VOTE and subscribe to follow on any changes.

Let me know what you think 🙂

Hi, that idea is form 2019. While the problem I have is more recent (i would say when the filter-buttons were introduced on iOS this year).

I think in both cases it is a bug. This is not a new-feature request (idea).

There is a functionality to set the order of the playlists. It simply has no effect on the representation of the lists when you are adding a song.

I guess that the person who built that page forgot the sort the list. That is the most likely explanation.

I used to be a developer 😉

Anyway I upvoted it. But I don't accept it as a solution.

Marked as solution

Hey @Chrizzzly!

Thanks for getting back to us and voting for the idea.

We can confirm that the order in which playlists show in the Add to playlist menu is automatically set and doesn't always match the custom order a user has created. Most often the most recently playlists appear on top, but you should also get a search bar to help reach your preferred list faster.

As for the message that a song has been added to a list - you should still be able to see it. Could you let us know if you've done any troubleshooting to try and remedy that, so that we'll know what else to suggest?

The filters on the Your Library page don't get saved automatically and you can choose one when you open the tab. We also have an idea to implement the option to do that here. You can leave a +Vote to support it.

Hope this info helps. Keep us posted.

ElenaModerator

Hi, thank you. So the playlist order is really more or less random. Only the first one is maybe recently used. The rest is totally random. But indeed there is a search option 🙂 First time i notice because I always go directly to my subfolder with all my playlists. But I guess search-option is good. Thank you.

Toast message is still gone. I tested and re-tested. I do see a message when I remove the song from the list. But not when adding. I have iOS version 8.6.78.419.

I upvoted the idea. I still have the impression that it was like that already. But I guess I am wrong 🙂
Marked as solution

Hi @Chrizzzly,

Thank you for your kind reply. 

It's odd the message isn't showing when you add a song to your playlist. We tested this and weren't able to replicate it. 

Could you give a try to these steps to perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will remove any old files or damaged cache from your phone. As a heads up, you'll need to download your playlist for offline listening again. 

Let us know how this goes!

MafeGModerator

Hi MafeG, I rechecked and now I see it. I think I couldn't see because it moved from the top of the screen to somewhere below the middle. I am sooo focused when I add a song... :-] Thank you for your patience!

Suggested posts