Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New tiktok-like home page stories get scrobbled on last.fm (please help find a fix)

New tiktok-like home page stories get scrobbled on last.fm (please help find a fix)

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

iPhone 14 pro max

Operating System

iOS 16.4

My Question or Issue

Hi, after the update that added Tiktok-like (stories) playlist posts with songs with little videos (similar to the „canvas” feature) play on the home page (around 10 seconds each song). I bet you know what I’m talking about.

The problem is: 

Spotify scrobbles them on Last.FM as songs and it really annoys me because I have them muted and never even look at them and they scrobble anyway and they usually are average garbage pop songs from popular playlists which I’d never listen to.

How do I turn this off? Or perhaps report this to Spotify?

1 Reply

Hi there @Monokamph,

Thanks for the post.

This is part of the new Spotify UI on mobile. Unfortunately, there is no way to turn off this new UI or opt out. 

Since Last.FM is a third party service and Spotify doesn't have control over what the service takes in a content that you've listened to, there isn't much that can be done from Spotify's end. 

We appreciate your feedback on this change, and we've passed it on to the right folks who are working on making Spotify better and more user friendly.

You can make another post in this Feedback thread and share how you feel about the changes to the UI. Our developers regularly monitor those threads and take user feedback very seriously in order to make the interface more usable in future updates.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts