How do I download music?

Solved!

How do I download music?

I have Premium Trial

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there folks,

Thanks for the posts.

@Lalitadasi, please go to your account page and check the current status of the account. Check if it says Premium or Free. It's possible that you're logged in with a free account and not your Premium account. This could happen if you've registered through Facebook/ Apple/ Google instead of using an email address or password. 

Make sure you're logged in the correct profile by checking your email address and username.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you so much, that was the solution!

What I did wrong initially, was that on the app I had a nickname that wasnโ€™t the same as the registered premium account I created online.

So after reading your post, I completely deleted that free account (that I mistakingly thought was premium) and the app. I re-installed the app and logged into the premium account that I registered online, using that same username and password. I got inโ€”no problem!

To make sure that everything was working properly, I found an album I wanted to download, clicked on the arrow pointing down, and before I knew it the whole album was downloaded! I disconnected from my Wi-Fi to make sure it actually did download the album, and there it was ready to use. It works! Thank you!

And thank you, to all the others who tried to help me through the various processes! Really appreciated it All.

Marked as solution

Hi @Lalitadasi,

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. 

Fantastic news! If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Have a great day ๐Ÿ™‚

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€โ€“ Maria von Trapp

17 Replies

Hi!

This support article should help you download music on Spotify.

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜‡

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

Thank you, finally I see the download arrow!

However, when I click on the arrow, the title of the album flashes, but there is no download.

Hey @Lalitadasi

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one? 

If it only happens on one device, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists afterwards, would you mind sending us a short screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€โ€“ Maria von Trapp

Hi,  apologies for taking so long. I had to try to figure out how to make a video of my Spotify music selection.

So at the top of the video, youโ€™ll see the album Iโ€™m trying to download, and an arrow (pointing down) with a circle around it. My understanding is, I should be able to click on that arrow and it will download the audio, but it doesnโ€™t. The artistโ€™s name, โ€œNiranjana Swamiโ€, flashes when I click on the arrow, and thatโ€™s allโ€”no download.

By the way, the video you asked for, I saved as a 1.97mb mp4 and tried to upload, but it was not accepted. The Spotify system rejected it stating that a โ€œmov.โ€ cannot be uploaded, which it was not. So, Iโ€™m uploading a snapshot instead. Please see attachment.

Thank you very much for your help! 

943A8E06-C8E0-4589-984B-8C4DB01EAB08.png

Hi @Lalitadasi 

Thanks for the info. If you have a video, try sending it to us as a unlisted YouTube video or as a Google Drive link. For the latter, just make sure in the permissions that anyone can open it.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator

Thank you Joan, Iโ€™ll do that right away.

Hereโ€™s the link (hopefully I did this correctly)  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kq5lNrpHPlRAo8ksuB075aVlXHmU5qTi/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi @Lalitadasi

Thanks for your reply. 

We're afraid we couldn't watch the screen recording you sent because it's set to private. Could you please make it public? 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

Hi there @Lalitadasi

Thanks for getting back to us. 

First up, could you try turning the Enhance feature off to see if that makes the difference?

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in to your account twice in a row. This will trigger a sync between your device and account. 

If this doesn't do the trick either, could you let us know if this happens on all playlists or only on the one you showed us in the screen recording?

Lastly, does the same happen on a different device?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator

Iโ€™ve done all these things, and it sill doesnโ€™t work. Also, I get ads about every five minutes!

Also, now I am seeing this (see image):

This is the latest issue (see image).

52231090-2EFB-4D51-A271-EE187628EBDB.png

i had also buy premium

Marked as solution

Hi there folks,

Thanks for the posts.

@Lalitadasi, please go to your account page and check the current status of the account. Check if it says Premium or Free. It's possible that you're logged in with a free account and not your Premium account. This could happen if you've registered through Facebook/ Apple/ Google instead of using an email address or password. 

Make sure you're logged in the correct profile by checking your email address and username.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Marked as solution

Thank you so much, that was the solution!

What I did wrong initially, was that on the app I had a nickname that wasnโ€™t the same as the registered premium account I created online.

So after reading your post, I completely deleted that free account (that I mistakingly thought was premium) and the app. I re-installed the app and logged into the premium account that I registered online, using that same username and password. I got inโ€”no problem!

To make sure that everything was working properly, I found an album I wanted to download, clicked on the arrow pointing down, and before I knew it the whole album was downloaded! I disconnected from my Wi-Fi to make sure it actually did download the album, and there it was ready to use. It works! Thank you!

And thank you, to all the others who tried to help me through the various processes! Really appreciated it All.

Marked as solution

Hi @Lalitadasi,

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. 

Fantastic news! If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Have a great day ๐Ÿ™‚

EniModerator

Really appreciate the communities patience and assistance in getting me through this! Very much appreciated.

Suggested posts