Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New user interface not "locked"

New user interface not "locked"

Premium user. iOS 13.3. iPhone 11 Pro. 

So, Spotify recently updated the user interface, via a server update as far as my lack of knowledge can tell. When I sign in to my wife's Spotify, from my phone, she has the new interface. When I sign back into mine, I have the "old" one.

Funny thing is, some times Spotify shuts down when I open it to manage a song, or something. When I open the app again, BAM the new interface is there. Then, moments later, it's gone.

Why this trouble with staying devoted and dedicated to its new skin? Why does it not "lock" in to it?

Any ideas are warmly welcomed!

- John Michael Jansen

4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also suggest updating to iOS 13.3.1.

If that's still not working I'd suggest waiting for the update to fully roll to everyone, for example I got the new Home update then it went away and I haven't received it yet.

So I would give that it's time.

Hope it helps and take care 🙂

Of course, I failed to mention or specify that I am on the latest version of iOS.

Rebooting my phone didn't do the trick for me, nor did the clean install trick.

Maybe some cache or settings from my account still lingers in the Spotify servers, causing it to keep a hold of the old user interface?

You’re not alone. Same situation. My wife’s phone has the new interface but not on my side...

It seemed to be what I suspected; a cache related issue. Contacted customer support, via chat, and the person cleared my cache from their side (server side), and a few hours later the new user interface appeared.

Suggested posts