Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Crashes when logging in/opening

PremiumCanada DeviceiPhone 7 plus Operating System(iOS 13.1.3) My Question or IssueEvery time I log into spotify on my ios device, the application crashes. Every other account of my family members has not, and my account seems to function on other de...

• Visitor
  • Premium Canada   Device iPhone 7 plus  Operating System (iOS 13.1.3)   My Question or Issue Every time I log into spotify on my ios device, the application crashes. Every othe...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashes immediately on iphone

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueApp was working fine. Randomly started crashing after starting. No software or damage to device nor change of any kind prior to problem. Did a hard and soft reset as well ...

• PlanPremium Country USA Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue App was working fine. Randomly started crashing after starting. No software or damage to device n...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

App won’t open

PlanPremiumCountryUkDevice(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 13.1.3) My Question or IssueThe app won't open, it closes after one second. I've trained deleting the app and redownloading, I've fully turned off my phone and turned it on again, I've even tr...

• Plan Premium Country Uk Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 13.1.3)   My Question or Issue The app won't open, it closes after one second. I've trained deleting the app and redown...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Why is artists top 5 causing app to crash

Notice how the artist has no picture? For some reason when I click on this artist and play a song from their top 5, the app will crash. I reopen the app up and immediately it crashes again. The only way to make it stop is to delete and reinstall the ...

378EA9D6-C3E6-4BEB-B0F9-490DD88F5A5E.png
  •     Notice how the artist has no picture? For some reason when I click on this artist and play a song from their top 5, the app will crash. I reopen the app up and immediately it cra...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Last music in queue is not shown

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 13.1 (and iOS 12) My Question or IssueWhen adding new musics to queue, the last added music is not being shown and is not draggable in the queue list screen (as seen in the screenshot attache...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 13.1 (and iOS 12)   My Question or Issue When adding new musics to queue, the last added music is not being shown and ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps pausing

this Has been an ongoing issue for me. Spotify keeps pausing after 30-60 seconds when I'm using it on my iPhone XS. I have done all the suggested fixes (reinstall, logout everywhere, onoff etc) and nothing has worked. Any more ideas? After many years...

• Casual Listener
  • this Has been an ongoing issue for me. Spotify keeps pausing after 30-60 seconds when I'm using it on my iPhone XS. I have done all the suggested fixes (reinstall, logout everywhere, onoff etc) and n...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Drive plays yesterday's news

I'm using IOS and CarPlay. When I start Spotify and select Daily Drive, sometimes it resumes playing from my previous session, which may have been the previous day. I will get the NPR newscast from yesterday, for example. Spotify may have been runnin...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using IOS and CarPlay. When I start Spotify and select Daily Drive, sometimes it resumes playing from my previous session, which may have been the previous day. I will get the NPR newscast from y...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with iPhone update

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 13.3 My Question or IssueI downloaded the update a few days ago. Whenever I plug my phone into headphones I encounter this problem. The music will pause or play randomly when I'm using other apps. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 13.3   My Question or Issue I downloaded the update a few days ago.   Whenever I plug my phone into headphones I e...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Daily mix missing

Hello!my Daily Mix is missing. I've tried to reinstall the app, to restart my phone, to delete the app restart my phone and after that reinstall the app, but none of this worked. Also on my Desktop app is missing. PlanPremiumCountry RomaniaDeviceiPho...

• Visitor
  • Hello! my Daily Mix is missing.  I've tried to reinstall the app, to restart my phone, to delete the app restart my phone and after that reinstall the app, but none of this worked.  Also...
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Selena Gomez - Look at her now - song error

Dear Spotify There is something wrong with the new song of Selena Gomez. It gets cut off at 2:42 where she sings 'look at her' and then it stops abruptly.I know that's the length of the song, but I feel like there's an error on the track, since it fe...

• Regular
  • Dear Spotify   There is something wrong with the new song of Selena Gomez.  It gets cut off at 2:42 where she sings 'look at her' and then it stops abruptly. I know that's the length of...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Continue or play on Spotify Siri integration bug

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 13.1.2 My Question or IssueWhen asking Siri to "Continue on Spotify" or "Play on Spotify" the same song always plays from the last queued playlist instead of playing the last queued song. It's not...

• Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 13.1.2   My Question or Issue When asking Siri to "Continue on Spotify" or "Play on Spotify" the same song always plays fro...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Airpods next track doesn't work in Podcasts

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 13.1.3Spotify Version8.5.28.1046I tried re-installing a clean version of SpotifyYes My Question or IssueI have my Airpods tap feature set to skip to the next track. When playing songs, this work...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 Spotify Version 8.5.28.1046 I tried re-installing a clean version of Spotify Yes   My Question or Issue I have...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My daily mix is not updating anymore since 3 weeks or more.

PlanPremiumCountryRomaniaDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13.1.3 My Question or IssueI noticed that my daily mixes are not updated anymore. This is happening also on Windows 10 and also on my iPhone. Is this issue known? The app is up to date. ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Romania Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13.1.3   My Question or Issue I noticed that my daily mixes are not updated anymore. This is happening also on Wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New update sucks

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceiPad Pro 12.9 2nd genOperating SystemiOS 13.1.2 i absolutely hate this new update! The design is horrible and I can't find anything and seeing things is harder. Please go back to the old design. Or give us options to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia  Device iPad Pro 12.9 2nd gen Operating System iOS 13.1.2   i absolutely hate this new update! The design is horrible and I can't find anything and s...
  • suisse83
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes

Searchability of Library

Device: iPhone X Hi.For a few weeks (don't know the exact update) it's no longer possible to search for specific titles within my library nor shuffle the complete library. Is this wanted and if so why? Really liked having the option to directly searc...

• Casual Listener
  • Device: iPhone X   Hi. For a few weeks (don't know the exact update) it's no longer possible to search for specific titles within my library nor shuffle the complete library.   Is this...
  • Bustynator
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Siri does not use playlist sorting chosen on app

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13.2 My Question or IssueWhen asking to play a playlist using Siri, Spotify plays it on the default order, respecting the order music was added instead of the one I chose on the app (most rec...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13.2   My Question or Issue When asking to play a playlist using Siri, Spotify plays it on the default order, respecti...
  • rairg
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

app problems with recent apple watch update

I updated my apple watch series 3 yesterday and went to use the app today to teach a fitness class and there were SO MANY issues. It froze several times and the volume control on the side turned into a weird floating green dot instead of white lines ...

Photo Oct 18, 6 40 27 PM.png Photo Oct 18, 6 39 24 PM.png
  • Visitor
  • I updated my apple watch series 3 yesterday and went to use the app today to teach a fitness class and there were SO MANY issues. It froze several times and the volume control on the side turned into...
  • Arlyce88
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Song can disconnect Bluetooth headphones

https://open.spotify.com/track/4Y5Uu8DJ26wqqaV2DSFPOs?si=aHD6O2-RQCaklY59hGyiHQ This song disconnects my headphones (Sony WH1000XM3) iPhone 8ios 13.1.2spotify: 8.5.27.1156plan PremiumPoland

• https://open.spotify.com/track/4Y5Uu8DJ26wqqaV2DSFPOs?si=aHD6O2-RQCaklY59hGyiHQ   This song disconnects my headphones (Sony  WH1000XM3)   iPhone 8 ios 13.1.2 spotify: 8.5.27.115...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

random songs/playlists in my recently listened

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceIphone 10Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueEverytime I get into Spotify it says that I listened to a playlist, all by the same guy. They're all called Death or **bleep** or stuff like that and its creepy ...

2E47C58B-C0DC-4991-B805-0F68544AA091.png 08ECB5C5-2A02-4A91-84ED-9AFDD2F07113.png 6D094E12-2AF7-464C-A424-0D208987202D.png 7C0495D4-D43B-4189-B225-CDFC0645050E.png
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Iphone 10 Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue Everytime I get into Spotify it says that I listened to a playlist, all by the same g...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes