Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No album cover in offline mode

Solved!

No album cover in offline mode

Hi

I noticed a bug directly after the iOS update. When you're in offline mode, no album covers are visible in the app. However, they are visible in the "locked screen"-view. Please fix this...

89 Replies

The solution is simple:

- leave playback in online position  in settings

- on the ipad settings turn off  WiFi

- open spotify, open each playlist and quicly close and open "AVAILABLE OFFLINE"  switch on top of the playlist

-Play a song on that playlist and switch to full size mode. Move up and down ibetween songs in that mode and all the artworks will be    available

Marked as solution

Version 2.1 is now out! All album art bugs should be fixed including the display of album art for local files.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy your album covers!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hallelujah!!

Version 2.1 fixed the album art bug indeed.

Yippee it's fixed. I can confirm its working with 2.1 🙂

What a coincidence few hours after the solution ewas found on v ersion 2.0 , version 2.1 is releasd fixing all the artwork bugs.

Version 2.1 doesn't fix the bug on ipad

Yep that's right, no solution on the horizon for ipad users. I'm very disappointed, that is a feature I use quite a lot!!

The solution stated in the above post works on version 2.0 for ipad users but not on version 2.1. 

To have to open each playlist, shortly play a song a.s.o. does'nt sound like a solution to me. It's hardly a workaround.

Version 2.1 does nothing for me. Still, album art isn't shown in offline mode. Do I have to resync all my files again?

Most people will not have to resync, but if you still don't have album art, try resyncing everything or a fresh app install. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I tried both options. I wanted to make sure I tested diligently before I posted any complaints in the forum. I reinstalled and resynced all tracks in hopes of gaining back cover art but nothing has worked. I already posted in detail my problem in another thread so I wont do that here. I just wanted to add my voice to the reinstall discussion. I don't want someone to go through all that trouble for nothing.

So is there anything that ipad users could do ? Is Spotify looking into the matter or is version 2.1 all they can offer to iPad users ? For me it is crucial to have a music application that works properly. Cover art allows me to quickly see what I'm listening to in my car so it is a feature I intensely use. Please keep us posted.  

Thanks Batman, but as for now, it seems to work for me. Finally!

Switching the offline use of my playlists off and on again did nothing. I then switched everything to online, deleted the app, rebooted my iPhone and installed the app again. Afterwards, I switched two playlists to offline. For now, everything seems to work just fine, i.e. the small and the big album covers are shown in offline mode. 🙂

@Norbert60 

I have just further tested this and I can confirm that offline album art might not work in the iPad app if you don't first do a complete reinstall of the app.

Try deleting the app and reinstalling it. Then resync all your music offline again.

I know it's a huge hassle but try it and post back if you are still having problems.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Feal sory for the people geting new ipads for Christmas all that resolution and no art work
Someone needs to get fired!!

I am just wondering - iPad and iPhone Apps should differ in the UI. I would consider offline mode, especially offline-caching of audio and cover art, as core functions / part of some core libraries which are shared between the iPad and the iPhone versions. How can they push out two versions, both labeled with the same Version number 2.1, where this functions are (might be?) fixed in one version, but are forgotten in the other? This reall looks like their software development is in deep troubles and lost any overview about what they are doing.

@MatthiasH 

What problem are you having?

Album art should be working in offline mode for both the iPhone and the iPad app.

If you are still not getting album art, please try a reinstall of the Spotify app. (A clean reinstall has fixed the problem for some users)

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hello, I did that yesterday with no success. I first unistalled the app, then reinstalled it via the app store and then resync my off line playlists. I still can not see art covers off-lîne. Thanks

Useless software upgrade for ipad users

Suggested posts