Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No way to filter synched files only?

No way to filter synched files only?

I'm new to Spotify, but have used other services like Rdio and Deezer. In both of these, there is an easy and obvious way to show only your synchronized files, so that you can browse and play freely without the worry of having in internet connection.

But I couldn't find this at all in Spotify. There is not a "Synched music" section and there is no way to filter "synched files only" in the "Your music" section.

Why is that? I believe this is a must-have feature for an app/service such as this.

5 Replies

Unfortunately it doesn't exist in any of the Spotify apps I know off. There are a few ideas about it over on the Ideas Exchange if you want to add your vote to them, like this one:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Only-show-available-playlists-whilst-offline/idi-p/568...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That idea only covers playlists. I rarely use the 'playlist' feature.

Maybe I'll add a new idea to cover the filtering of anything offline (albums, tracks, playlists, etc)

@cdechery wrote:

That idea only covers playlists. I rarely use the 'playlist' feature.

Maybe I'll add a new idea to cover the filtering of anything offline (albums, tracks, playlists, etc)

I agree that your idea would be very useful: I'll add kudos to it when it's created. 

In the meantime, I want to make sure you're aware of the 'offline mode' under Settings -> Playback, which I use frequently when not on Wifi: this allows me to not worry about accidentially using my limited amount of data by selecting a not-synced playlist.

The new version 1.2 of Spotify iOS have much better filtering and sorting options. Hopefully it will be a step closer for much better sorting of massive libraries.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts