Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Non-Spotify Controls

Up until a couple days ago, I was able to control Spotify (fast forward, reverse, pause and play) with my car controls when using the app through Bluetooth. I was also able to control Spotify from the iPhone control center. Now, the only way I can co...

• Up until a couple days ago, I was able to control Spotify (fast forward, reverse, pause and play) with my car controls when using the app through Bluetooth. I was also able to control Spotify from th...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New version does not shuffle very well.

I am playining all music out of "my music" on the ios. Here are the last artists that have played for the last set of songs. I have 9000 songs on my music. The Orb Korn The Orb Girl Talk The Orb Girl Talk The Orb Girl Talk The Lonely Island Girl Talk...

• Regular
  • I am playining all music out of "my music" on the ios.  Here are the last artists that have played for the last set of songs.   I have 9000 songs on my music.      The Or...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS Swipe down missing in new release V1.0.0.3251

Although new features have been released for spotify I miss the old feature of swiping down (closing the full display when listening to songs...) Now you have to press the X to get back to your songs and playlists. This swipe down functionality was v...

• Although new features have been released for spotify I miss the old feature of swiping down (closing the full display when listening to songs...) Now you have to press the X to get back to your songs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Keeps Logging Me Out & Shows No Offline Music

My iPhone keeps logging me out of Spotify, this has occurred on multiple occasions. When I open Spotify I have to log back in, and it shows no music has been Synced and offline mode doesn't allow playing of any. When I go to Settings, General, Usage,...

• Roadie
  • My iPhone keeps logging me out of Spotify, this has occurred on multiple occasions. When I open Spotify I have to log back in, and it shows no music has been Synced and offline mode doesn't allow pla...
  • russtm
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Updated app has crashed a bunch of times and seems to have other bugs

I am using an Iphone 4 with the latest IOS and the updated app has crashed a bunch of times. Never happened with the other version. I also noticed that on shuffle play, the same song would repeat itself within a span of about 10 times-mind you I am u...

• Roadie
  • I am using an Iphone 4 with the latest IOS and the updated app has crashed a bunch of times. Never happened with the other version. I also noticed that on shuffle play, the same song would repeat its...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Unable to sort songs on iPhone 5

I recently upgraded from an HTC Evo to the iPhone 5, and I am unable to change the order of my songs. Would you make this option available soon? Thanks.

• I recently upgraded from an HTC Evo to the iPhone 5, and I am unable to change the order of my songs. Would you make this option available soon? Thanks. 
  • austonbeck
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked from Radio playlist not updating

Hi - as I like songs in radio they are not being added to the Liked from Radio playlist. One song I never heard from was in there and I manually added two. The list Gould include every song I give a thumbs up to in radio, right? When I give the thumb...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi - as I like songs in radio they are not being added to the Liked from Radio playlist. One song I never heard from was in there and I manually added two. The list Gould include every song I give a ...
  • iStehle
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Following error

Hey,sorry if this has already been adressed and maybe even solved, but I can't find the answer anywhere. I've been trying to view a list of artist I'm following. I know where to go on my iPhone, but when I hit the 'following' button I'm informed an e...

• Visitor
  • Hey, sorry if this has already been adressed and maybe even solved, but I can't find the answer anywhere. I've been trying to view a list of artist I'm following. I know where to go on my iPhone, ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot listen music on the treadmill

I have problem in listening to the music on a threadmill if I use the iPhone connector provided to charge my iPhone. I do not have this type of issue at all if I use Jaybird Bluebuds X to listen to music while charging my iPhone on the threadmill; th...

• Casual Listener
  • I have problem in listening to the music on a threadmill if I use the iPhone connector provided to charge my iPhone. I do not have this type of issue at all if I use Jaybird Bluebuds X to listen to m...
  • LawrenceTay
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify sometimes crashes on my iPad when switching between genre stations in the Radio tab

the crash log is attached in the zip and it would be nice to allow .crash files as file extensionhere on the forum I tried to find a way to constantly crash it to make it easier to debug but I can't really tell you more than the crash is happening wh...

• the crash log is attached in the zip and it would be nice to allow .crash files as file extensionhere on the forum 😉   I tried to find a way to constantly crash it to make it easier to debu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline improvements

Hello Spotify,I have a couple of issues with my offline playlists, which I was wondering if you could address in future developments:1. The hide unplayable tracks option doesn't hide unplayable playlists when offline. I was thinking it would be bette...

• Hello Spotify, I have a couple of issues with my offline playlists, which I was wondering if you could address in future developments: 1. The hide unplayable tracks option doesn't hide unplayable p...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playsists: New problem with Spotify 1.0.0 along with iOS 7.1

Finally having found out that the huge "Random play" butten doesn't effect my premium subscriber status I have encountered a new problem: Every time I'm using radio and try to add a song to one of my playlists the screen I am taken to won't react to ...

• Regular
  • Finally having found out that the huge "Random play" butten doesn't effect my premium subscriber status I have encountered a new problem:   Every time I'm using radio and try to add a song t...
  • gerald_wetzer
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Quick way to launch main menu?

Is there a quick way to launch the main dropdown menu w/ search, playlists, radio, etc if you are several artists deep? Meaning, I typically like to discover artists via 'related artists' which means I could be several artists deep into the rabbit ho...

• Regular
  • Is there a quick way to launch the main dropdown menu w/ search, playlists, radio, etc if you are several artists deep?  Meaning, I typically like to discover artists via 'related artists' which...
  • damnspynovels
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify - Use Bluetooth to stream to my Audi?

Hello, I hope you could help my with my problem. I have a Audi A5 (new model) and there is the possibility to stream audio using bluetooth to my radio (e.g. Navigon). Within the Navigion Software I can select the "Audi UHV" as a speaker to stream the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I hope you could help my with my problem.   I have a Audi A5 (new model) and there is the possibility to stream audio using bluetooth to my radio (e.g. Navigon). Within the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Your Music" Artist View should group songs under artist by album

The new Your Music/Collection is a great start on the new iOS app, but there's still an issue when viewing songs by artist. I'd really like to click on the artist, then either see a list of albums I've saved, or at least sort the tracks by album in p...

• Roadie
  • The new Your Music/Collection is a great start on the new iOS app, but there's still an issue when viewing songs by artist.  I'd really like to click on the artist, then either see a list of alb...
  • djshackesq
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Minor interface bug in 1.0.0 iPad app, playlist author shows background

See attachment.iPad mini retina, link to playlist: http://open.spotify.com/user/duckfromrubber/playlist/0wnzcPuxl9KlbyeIVj8AtN

• Casual Listener
  • See attachment. iPad mini retina, link to playlist: http://open.spotify.com/user/duckfromrubber/playlist/0wnzcPuxl9KlbyeIVj8AtN
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My downloaded music wont play within my playlists

So I have my playlists and the songs that I already happen to have or have burned from a CD/downloaded wont play at all on spotify. So annoying! Anyway of diconnecting from my library or local files? I just want to listen to whatever I want and it ma...

• So I have my playlists and the songs that I already happen to have or have burned from a CD/downloaded wont play at all on spotify. So annoying! Anyway of diconnecting from my library or local files?...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloaded music
    my library
    unable to play
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lock screen not showing correct "Now Playing track/image" in Spotify 1.0

When I lock my iphone, the song currently playing is not the one being displayed (title and cover art) on the lock screen. If the song selected before the phone is locked has an album cover image, then that song title/image continues to be displayed ...

• Music Fan
  • When I lock my iphone, the song currently playing is not the one being displayed (title and cover art) on the lock screen.    If the song selected before the phone is locked has an albu...
  • Malteasers
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Problems with Offline Playlist on iOS

My playlists do not match on the desktop version and iOS version. I have attached screenshots. My mobile version always tells me its not totally synced because it has different numbers of songs. Is there reason for this or a solution? Help please.

• My playlists do not match on the desktop version and iOS version. I have attached screenshots. My mobile version always tells me its not totally synced because it has different numbers of songs. Is t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

update 1.0.0.3251 can't queue

My sporify just got updated to the new versjon 1.0.0.3251 and now im not able to queue any songs if the phone is in flightmode for more than 10 minutes. My playlists are all syncronized and available offline, but still i get a message saying the trac...

• My sporify just got updated to the new versjon 1.0.0.3251 and now im not able to queue any songs if the phone is in flightmode for more than 10 minutes. My playlists are all syncronized and available...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes