Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not getting notifications about new podcast episodes even though I have them turned on

Not getting notifications about new podcast episodes even though I have them turned on

Hi, In Spotify settings I have 'New Episode Notifications' turned on for 3 podcasts, all was working fine until a few days ago, now when there is a new podcast episode I don't get a notification.

I have notifications turned on in settings on my iPad and iPhone (see screenshot)

IMG_0601.jpg

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

---

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPad Pro

iPhone 6s

Operating System

iPadOS 15.6.1

iOS 14.8.1

4 Replies

Hey @Anirog,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Just to be sure this setting is working across different accounts, could you try receiving a notification for a new episode with a new account on your device?

Also make sure you're not blocking the notifications from your device itself.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Dian, thanks for your reply, notifications are working again for me now, I didn't create a new account, I guess it was just a temporary blip.

Hey @Anirog,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We're glad to know that everything is working fine now. We appreciate the time you took following the process and sharing that is now resolved. 

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am running Spotify on an iPhone with the latest version of iOS installed. I update Spotify to its latest version always.

I have the notification bell activated for a bunch of podcasts and Spotify is allowed to sent me notifications via iOS settings.

The problem is, however, that I do not receive notifications for new episodes.

I asked Google and came up with nothing helpful so far. This is what I tried on my device with some success (more on that later):

1. Logging out of Spotify on my iOS device.
2. Offloading the Spotify application.
3. Deleting the Spotify application.
4. Rebooting my device.
5. Re-installing Spotify.

This helps for a day or so. After that, no more notifications.

Suggested posts