Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not working outside of my house

Not working outside of my house

So I have been testing Spotify recently, a Premium account for a month, and I can't use Spotify outside of my home! It works on both my computers and my iPhone when at home on my WLAN.

But when I come to my company, we also have WLAN there, it will play maybe a song and then will hang.

Same is on 3G, here I am luck to even start a playback.

iPhone is 4S.

I tried lowest quality setting, this doesn't help.

Kind of disappointed, as many are saying how good the quality of this service is.

Please help me quickly, as the Monday is my last day of the free service, and I don't want to start paying for something that isn't working!

Thanks

Kosta

6 Replies

Hey,

Have you tried a clean reinstall?

Does your work block Spotify? It is very possible.

Also, make sure your using 3G and NOT 4G.

Liam

Funnily, without any changes, lately, it's working. Couple of days later it was working again. It must have been a Spotify service disruption or something. It happens nowdays that here and there a song chops, ain't a problem really, as this IS a wireless connection...

But no, I'm 100% sure the work is not blocking Spotify, I have the router set up myself 😉

Spotify not working outside my home either. I have a 4g network. I am a Spotify premium customer. Only seems to be happy working of my Wifi. It was working Monday not since? Can not even play it offline sitting in my car? Can anyone help me to fix this please.

Hey @HelenN Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Surprising that you guys are facing this problem over 4G and its working fine here, you guys might want to try a complete reinstallation with the steps outlined below:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Thanks Jeremy. I will try what you suggested. Hopefully it fix it self. New to Spotify only downloaded it a few days. 

Thanks Helen 🙂

@HelenN

You should also check your account on spotify.com if you're a premium subscriber - I think for new subscribers (they are given 30 days free trial I think).

Free subscribers is unable to play songs on demand via mobile.

More details on the comparison of free vs premium here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Knows/Free-vs-Unlimited-vs-Premium-Subscription-Comparison-T...
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts