Country

FR

Device

iphone 11 pro max

Operating System

ios 13.2.3

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I have some offline playlists and albums. No problem with them as such, they are properly downloaded: if my iphone is in airplane mode, or if I set spotify to offline, they will play correctly.

The problem is when there is an active data connection on the phone, it seems Spotify is trying to connect to show the album content even if it is downloaded. As a result, when the connection is bad (for exemple Edge in the subway, or anywhere there is bad reception), I just have a black screen where should be the content - and thus I cannot start the album.

The only solution is to set Spotify to offline mode or to set the phone to airplane mode, then it will instantly appear.

Why does Spotify WANT to load something online when opening an offline playlist?

And also, there is really no real spotify support (email etc...) other than this forum? I mean, it's a paid service.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply

Hey @Romfour, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

If you want the same thing as this user in this idea please add your vote and comment.

You can also create your own idea to change this behavior as it is an expected thing to happen with the app.

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts