iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • VALKSPOP
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

PREMIUM same User interface as free?

I recently cancelled my spotify and the user interface moved to the "Free" one. I have no paid again however the user interface on my Iphone 6 has not changed, it still only offers 3 tabs at the bottom. Your Library.Search.Home. Am I missing somethin...

• I recently cancelled my spotify and the user interface moved to the "Free" one. I have no paid again however the user interface on my Iphone 6 has not changed, it still only offers 3 tabs at the bott...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Too hard to delete a single song from a playlist

I remember that, some years ago, when I had an Android device, it was easy to remove a song from a playlist: there was an option just at the dots located at the right. However, in iOS, you have to activate the "Edit" view and scroll until you find th...

• Composer
  • I remember that, some years ago, when I had an Android device, it was easy to remove a song from a playlist: there was an option just at the dots located at the right. However, in iOS, you have to ac...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution daily mix indisponible

Je suis IPhone, et lorsque le souhaite lancer mon daily mix un message apparaît : Spotify ne peut pas ouvrir ce type de lien sur cette appareil jai déjà essayé de me déconnecter de tout mes appareil rien n’y fait merci

• Je suis IPhone, et lorsque le souhaite lancer mon daily mix un message apparaît :  Spotify ne peut pas ouvrir ce type de lien sur cette appareil   jai déjà essayé de me déconnecter de to...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops after 10 second when using Apple Carplay

Happens in my car using Carplay but I've also just checked and it fails on wifi connection too. PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemIOS 12.1 and Spotify version 8.4.786.643 My Question or Issue Just recently I find that each new song o...

• Casual Listener
  • Happens in my car using Carplay but I've also just checked and it fails on wifi connection too.  Plan Premium Country  UK Device iPhone 7 Operating System IOS 12.1 and Spotify versi...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Next From: Songs, automatically changing.

Device: iPhone 6Subscription: PremiumCountry: U.S.Speakers: Bose Soundbar 300 W/Sub using WiFi connectivity. VideoVideo 2 All apps, phone, and speakers are fully updated to the latest software. Issue: You can get a better idea of the issue I’m talkin...

• Casual Listener
  •   Device: iPhone 6 Subscription: Premium Country: U.S. Speakers: Bose Soundbar 300 W/Sub using WiFi connectivity.   Video Video 2   All apps, phone, and speakers are fully upd...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bose
    Bose soundtouch app
    Next From: Songs
    Soundbar 300
    Spotify
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Oct 2018 update: search by genre missing

I'm using Spotify premium on IOS12 in the UK and have just updated to version 8.4.78.643. I was expecting this to have new updates in it including searching by genre (as featured in this article) but it doesn't - the search is the same as before the ...

• Casual Listener
  •   I'm using Spotify premium on IOS12 in the UK and have just updated to version 8.4.78.643. I was expecting this to have new updates in it including searching by genre (as featured in this arti...
  • inkymortar
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Log off and on the iOS app??

PlanPremiumCountry UsaDevice(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 12.1) So how do I log off and on the iOS app? I purchased premium, and it’s working with my Mac app, but my phone is telling me I’m on the free plan.I assume the account that is already assoc...

• Plan Premium Country  Usa Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 12.1)   So how do I log off and on the iOS app? I purchased premium, and it’s working with my Mac app, but my phon...
  • jurphy
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix the queue and up next functions

I use Spotify (premium/family plan) on my iPhone, Windows 10 computers, and Alexa/Sonos. Far and away the most confusing and frustrating part of Spotify are the queue and up next functions. They seem to work differently across different platforms and...

•   I use Spotify (premium/family plan) on my iPhone, Windows 10 computers, and Alexa/Sonos. Far and away the most confusing and frustrating part of Spotify are the queue and up next functions. T...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some local files won't download to iPhone

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDeviceiPhone 8, 256GBOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or Issue I upgraded from my old iPhone 6 to an iPhone 8 yesterday and had no problems re-downloading all my playlists etc. again, however local files are proving to be...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device iPhone 8, 256GB Operating System iOS 12.1  My Question or Issue  I upgraded from my old iPhone 6 to an iPhone 8 yesterday and had no proble...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download
    iphone
    local files
    sync
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to repeat a track

Hi, how do you repeat a track? I can’t seem to find the repeat button anywhere. Thanks.

• Hi, how do you repeat a track? I can’t seem to find the repeat button anywhere. Thanks.
  • Alex
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

How does endless artist radio work?

I’ve been using endless artist radio and my understanding was that the radio updates and learns your music preferences instead of using the thumbs up and down system. There is a song one of my endless artist radio playlists that keeps showing up when...

• Roadie
  • I’ve been using endless artist radio and my understanding was that the radio updates and learns your music preferences instead of using the thumbs up and down system. There is a song one of my endles...
  • Npostman
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I create a playlist from my saved songs?

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 12.0.1 In the past when my saved library was only a few songs I would just manually add each one to a playlist, but now I have hundreds, and it’s rather tedious selecting them one-by-one to add ...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 12.0.1   In the past when my saved library was only a few songs I would just manually add each one to a playlist, but...
  • maiaisabellaxo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify thinks I click on songs when I don‘t

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueSince a couple of updates ago, the haptics have changed in a very bad way, I‘ll try to describe it:1. When swiping up/down to scroll, and letting it scroll on it‘s o...

• Plan Premium Country  Germany Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue Since a couple of updates ago, the haptics have changed in a very bad way, I‘ll try ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to jump to another track

Premium user here. What just changed with Spotify? My laptop is logged into my Spotify account and so is my iPhone. The laptop plays the music through my home system and I control it via the Spotify app on my phone. This has worked perfectly for year...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium user here.   What just changed with Spotify?    My laptop is logged into my Spotify account and so is my iPhone.  The laptop plays the music through my home system and...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Waitinglist reappears everytime Spotify starts

One week ago I have placed some songs in the waitinglist. I got sick of the list so deleted it, but every time I start Spotify the waitinglist reappears in my playlist! Very annoying, do you know how to get rid of this bug?

• One week ago I have placed some songs in the waitinglist. I got sick of the list so deleted it, but every time I start Spotify the waitinglist reappears in my playlist! Very annoying, do you know how...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • reappears
    waitinglist
    won't delete
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! control echo with iPhone on family plan

Planfamily plan - consideringCountry USADeviceecho dot and iphone 10 Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue(1) under a premium membership, i can control my echo dots via the iphone application. under a family pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan family plan - considering Country  USA Device echo dot and iphone 10   Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue (1) under a ...
  • deanhl
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify client is broken, need help

Plan: PremiumCountry: Sweden Device: iPhone XMy Question or Issue Hi, my Spotify client has been acting wierd lately and I cant find a way to fix it.When I search for an artist and hit see all songs and I pick a song to play I expect to hear the next...

• Regular
  •   Plan: Premium Country: Sweden  Device: iPhone X My Question or Issue   Hi, my Spotify client has been acting wierd lately and I cant find a way to fix it. When I search f...
  • darkns
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! “This song is unavailable”

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone 5S & Dell desktopOperating System(iOS 12.1/Windows 7) My Question or Issue Every time I try to listen to the song Season by The Scene Aesthetic on both my Spotify app and also the webplayer on my desktop c...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device iPhone 5S & Dell desktop Operating System (iOS 12.1/Windows 7)   My Question or Issue  Every time I try to listen to the song S...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded music not showing

PlanPremiumCountry Canada Device(iPhone 6 I added all of my music and downloaded all of it.It was fine offline for a bit and then I went into it and went to the albums and artist sections and there was nothing there.I needed to turn on the data for i...

•   Plan Premium Country  Canada  Device (iPhone 6     I added all of my music and downloaded all of it. It was fine offline for a bit and then I went into it an...
  • vischka
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Music skips and stutters over Bluetooth in my car

Just bought a car (2014 VW Golf). When I play music on Spotify over Bluetooth, songs skip and stutter, like a CD scratching. Can anyone suggest some troubleshooting I can try? I’ve tried turning on Data Saver in the Spotify app, which didn’t help. Al...

• Casual Listener
  •   Just bought a car (2014 VW Golf). When I play music on Spotify over Bluetooth, songs  skip and stutter, like a CD scratching.    Can anyone suggest some troubleshoo...
  • ardacebi
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
    Car
    skipping
    Troubleshooting
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes