Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline synching not working

Offline synching not working

Hi
I am a very new user and to begin with had no problem with making music available offline. However in last couple of days the synching has stopped and I now only have 3 playlists available offline. I have tried switching all 'available offline' off, reconnecting to wifi, going back online and starting again but to no avail. The app lets me select the 'available offline' option and all arrows appear but remain grey and music does not synch

Can anybody help?

Many thanks
3 Replies

Hey @Littlecharliep

You can go into the system to do a reset to all of your available offline devices:
Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

Your iPhone app should be fine then.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hi @jeremygoh

I only have spotify on my iPhone, not on my laptop as well. I tried the above and it worked to start with - music starting to download again but then just randomly stops and I can't start downloading again - maybe the app times out.

I think I'll have to try putting spotify on my laptop this weekend and manage the offline playlists from there.

Thanks for your help
Charlie

Do you have some tracks that are local files? You can give that a shot too and let us know!

@Littlecharliep
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts