Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only Showing Artists in the Playlist, Not Allowing Unhiding

Only Showing Artists in the Playlist, Not Allowing Unhiding

Devices

iPhone XR, School Chromebook

I have never before experienced Spotify glitches, but now I have. I have no clue as to how this happened, but on my phone, the songs won’t show up. Instead, there’s a list of artists. The songs show if you click on the list, but not otherwise.

However, when I connect it to my Chromebook, everything comes back. I’ve tried looking up a bunch of solutions, and I’ve been looking for 15-30 minutes with no clue how to fix it.

Another thing- I accidentally hid a song on the phone, not on purpose, no clue how- and it won’t come back, no matter what I do, or what settings I change. Please help me out here.

D0CB7A09-8C25-4C4D-AD7A-CF2DD649788E.png
5205AE3B-ADB2-497C-86F5-1E6662E3D92D.png
4 Replies

Hi there @Hex_55,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. Let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you make sure that you've clicked on Playlists in your library and not Artists? If the issue persists it can be worth removing any potential corrupt cache files by following the steps in this article.

When it comes to hidden songs you can unhide them by following the instructions here.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Have a great continued weekend!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello again,

I tried everything you suggested multiple times, and it isn’t working. I don’t think I did anything, and it’s still perfectly fine on my Chromebook and home laptop. Maybe it’s just the Spotify app being weird. Either way, thank you for trying to help. 🙂

Hey there @Hex_55

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We can confirm that this is expected behavior of the app on mobile devices with free accounts, since play on demand is a Premium feature. This isn't the case in the desktop app and web player, that's why you can see the list of songs and play them on demand on your Chromebook and laptop. 

On another note, you should be able to unhide the song by tapping on this icon next to the currently hidden song: 

If you have already done so, but the song's still hidden, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Mines is doin that to 

Suggested posts