Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only shuffle on local files

Solved!

Only shuffle on local files

Today I synced my local files with my iPhone, but I can now only play my own music on shuffle? Also I get those recommendations while playing my local files. Is this normal, because it seams quite ridiculous that I can't select a specific song that I already have. I mean, I really like spotify, but it would suck if because I synced my music with the spotify app that I now have less options available than the iTunes app.

Also, I am a spotify free user, if that makes a difference.

Thanks if someone could answer if this is a bug, or intentional, I'd really appreciate it!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Jari_b I have heard back from Spotify that local music on a free mobile account is subject to the same restrictions as when playing spotify content - shuffle only, 6 skips an hour, added music etc all apply.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi. I'm still trying to work out some of the finer detail on the new Spotify Free myself. I'll ask the staff and get back to you.

Marked as solution

Hi @Jari_b I have heard back from Spotify that local music on a free mobile account is subject to the same restrictions as when playing spotify content - shuffle only, 6 skips an hour, added music etc all apply.

I am using Spotify free right now and everywhere I read it says that the you are supposed to be able to hear your music for free on Iphone on shuffle mode, 6 skips per hour etc.....Mine plays about 4 full songs and then all the sudden it just plays a song for a few seconds and then cuts off and skips to the next song.....from here on it won't play an entire song.....why is this happening?

@Sheila5561 That shouldn't be happening. Could you try reinstalling spotify to see if that helps.

Thanks alot for the reply man!

Suggested posts