Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only works on wifi

Solved!

Only works on wifi

I can only use spotify while on wifi unless the music is saved for offline listening. I went through many of the support options but I did not find a solution. What could be an issue is that Spotify does not show up under the "use cellular data for" section. I think the help topic noted that data traffic should be enabled but I do not have that option no matter how many times I reinstall.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Mattsuda. The last suggestion from spotify tech support worked. Thank you very much for all your help.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hey @Sassyb30

On your iOS device go to

settings --> cellular --> snd scroll down to the "use cellular data for" section. Find Spotify and turn it on. 

Then Spotify should work using cellular data.

Let me know how it goes.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks I've definitely tried to do that but Spotify does not show up as an app under Cellular. Definitely odd so that's why I reached out for help.

I don't have that option

Which device are you using? And which version of iOS?

I know in iOS 9, if you open settings there and scroll all the way to the bottom it will have a listing for each app. Go to Spotify and under "allow Spotify to access" turn on cellular data.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi MattSuda!

6s Plus.
IOS 9.2.1 I
Again, spotify is not on the list of apps under: use cellular data for.

Thanks!

Hmmm....

Try this:

Open the settings app and swipe down. A search bar should appear. Try searching for Spotify.

After tapping on Spotify from the results, there should be a list of option for the app. Do you see a cellular option?

Hopefully that works. This is such a weird problem.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Also if you can post a screenshot of the Spotify page under the Settings app, that would help too with trying to work out what's going on.

Yeah very weird. Thanks for working with me!!
When I swipe down and type in spotify the only options are notifications and background app refresh.

Seems that this phone is the issue as I cannot replicate the issue on anyone else's phone 😞

Lack of cellular optionLack of cellular option

Under use cellular: spotify does not show upUnder use cellular: spotify does not show up

Thanks. I tried your suggestion.

Even  posted a pic. 

@Sassyb30

Only thing I can think of that might be related to your specific device is to turn off WiFi calling, then open up Spotify, then go back to settings to see if you have the option.

I suggest taking it to an Apple Store if you have one near you.

Otherwise make a backup of your device over iCloud or in iTunes and do a complete reset of the phone, and then after the reset, restore from the backup you made to see if the problem is fixed.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Mattsuda. The last suggestion from spotify tech support worked. Thank you very much for all your help.

Was the the solution from tech support, I have same problem on 6s

Hi - I'm having this problem on Android. Any idea how to fix?

Thanks

Suggested posts