Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Orange Exclamation Mark? What does it mean?

Orange Exclamation Mark? What does it mean?

I am having a hard time with the mobile client syncing.

Every time I try to sync a playlist or an album, there are 2 or more songs that cannot sync and they have an orange exclamation mark...  can somebody tell me what it means?

Screenshot attached...

Screenshot

17 Replies

This mark means that the track has tried to sync but has failed.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Any ideas of how to solve it? I have tried syncing over different Wi-Fi spots and 3G but no success...

I corrected this issue by freeing up some more storage space on my iphone, after I saw that this had helped another user.

The Spotify app didn't alert me that there was a storage issue, and I had general storage space remaining on my phone but, once space was freed up, the exclamation point-ed tracks immediately synced.

Same issue here although I had 280mb left. After freeing up space sync continued  for a few songs and then stopped again. I still have a large amount of songs that will not sync with the orange explanation mark instead of the green synced arrow.

Can someone shed some light on this please as I have the same issue on both my iPad and iPhone.

Thanks

The issue lies within storage of the Spotify app. If you already have a large number of songs that are downloaded offline, then that's your problem. You need to go through and take out songs/playlists that you don't listen to frequently enough off of your offline storage. That will free up space for your new songs.

I am having the same problem -- i have a playlist with 500 songs, of which about 100 were synched, but now it will only sync 31 before the exclamation mark shows up.

i only have 24 other songs (for a total of 55, then) synched to the iphone. Arent' we supposed to be able to have 3000?

@climbird wrote:

I am having the same problem -- i have a playlist with 500 songs, of which about 100 were synched, but now it will only sync 31 before the exclamation mark shows up.

i only have 24 other songs (for a total of 55, then) synched to the iphone. Arent' we supposed to be able to have 3000?

Yes, is there lots of storage space free on your iPhone?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I guess not... only 155 MB of 13,5 GB left. Is that my problem?

I'm not 100% sure but I would guess so! 

Peter

Peter

Hello,

I understand songs that can be sync are limited to 3000, can you confirm ?

Cheers

@etienneraf wrote:

Hello,

I understand songs that can be sync are limited to 3000, can you confirm ?

Cheers

Its 3,333 tracks (max per device) on up to 3 devices.

Peter

Peter

Ok, I am getting the orange sign when trying to load the song Timber off my phone but when I try other songs the work just fine? what do i do?

Would it be possible to post a link to the playlist that is on?

Peter

When i look it up on search the original one by pit bull wont play when i click on it but other versions will?

Hey guys, I'm having the same issue. I tried syncing Timber - Pitbull ft. Ke$ha, but I have the orange exclamation. I read some other posts, and the trend seems to be with storage. I've deleted quite a few songs on my starred playlist, reducing it to 272 songs. I have plenty of storage available on my Ipod. I can listen to the song on my laptop, however I cannot on my Ipod. Another attempt I tried was un-starring it then re-star it. Yet that doesn't work. The only idea I can come up with is that the song is being over downloanded or something. But that's only an idea, any suggestions would help!

Thank you!
Joe

If you listen to the track completely whilst the offline sync is going on does it turn green?

Peter

Suggested posts