Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Original soundtracks in gaming genre

Original soundtracks in gaming genre

In the gaming genre there used to be a long list of all soundtracks, but now that list is about 3-5 albums on iOS and 10-20 on PC desktop version. What happened? I listen to a lot of gaming soundtracks but since the list has disappeared it is hard to find without searching for a specific game. Please bring back the full list of albums in the gaming genre.

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

(iPhone 11/PC)

Operating System

(iOS 14.3, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

13 Replies

Hey @Deerslayer,

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

If you can't see the full list of game soundtracks it's a good idea to run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on each device. This will help you get the latest app version with all necessary updates.  

In case you still can't see more soundtracks after a clean reinstall it's possible that the content isn't currently available in your region. The availability of content on Spotify can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels. We can suggest either getting in touch with the right holders of a specific soundtrack or making use of the local files feature.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

The albums are available if I search for them but they are not listed in the gaming genre overview. For the others genres there is a “show more” button at the bottom but not in the gaming genre.

Hey @Deerslayer

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Do you mind sending us some screenshots of how this looks like on both your iPhone and PC? This will help us take a closer look at the issue. You can attach the images to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor.

Looking forward to your reply. 

Hi please find screenshots of the Funk genre where there is a see more link at the bottom and one from the gaming genre where it is missing. 

AB302E8E-A267-414F-8239-7901CFB125BF.png
E8A62EA4-9A91-4433-B2B2-332F7E9462BF.png

Hey @Deerslayer

Thanks for sending us the screenshots!

Looking at the two images it seems like on the second one, where the See more label is missing, you can swipe right or left to see more cover arts of other releases. This is, however, not to be seen on the first screenshot.

Could you try swiping the content in any direction and let us know if you can see more album covers? 

Keep us posted! 

Hi,

No there are only around 5-7 albums available for browsing. There used to
be a complete library.

Hi @Deerslayer

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know that. 

That's how the app works currently on mobile devices, but you should be able to see all the results clicking on "See all" on the desktop app. 

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

If you have any questions, just let us know!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi

So the app works by allowing you to see albums in some categories but not others? Is that the correct interpretation?

Hey @Deerslayer

Thanks for your quick reply!

You can find any content (song, album, podcast) from Search as long as it's available in Spotify.

However, some features might vary between playlists/categories and also between devices.

At the moment, the category you mentioned doesn't have the option to see other results.

On another note, you can create your own playlist with your favorite gaming soundtracks. Then, you can add the suggestions to that playlist or start a Radio based on it so you'll be able to discover and listen to new songs or albums. 

We hope this clears things up. 

Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for the reply and I know I can search but that doesn’t help since I don’t know all games. I would appreciate if you could bring back the browsing of albums in that genre (all genres would be natural) so we can see what is available. It seems strange and a bit silly that the genres have different features available to them, don’t you think? This used to work just fine. 

Hi @Deerslayer,

Thanks for the reply!

All the genre landing pages are a mix of algorithm and curation based recommendations and what content is displayed varies based on that.

We've passed on your feedback that the genre should be expanded.

We can't say for sure when or if the Gaming genre would get it's previously available look. In the mean time you can browse this section on the Web player. There you'll get the full library of Gaming playlists and Original Game Soundtracks 🙂

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

Thanks for the link, when clicked on a computer, it lists just what I want. When I click it on my phone weird things happen. The app opens and I go to a gaming soundtrack page and a list of about 30 albums. All listed in 1 row with no option to scroll down, only to the right. If I swipe down, the list of albums flicker really fast and then a a new set of albums are loaded. This can only be done once and you cannot go back to the first set without clicking the link again.

Hey @Deerslayer,

Thanks for the reply.

What you're describing sounds weird indeed. If I click the link on my phone it opens up the app for me and I get quite a few rows of Original Game soundtrack albums.

Can you run a clean reinstall of your mobile app, following this guide. If you get the flickering effect again, can you try to do a screen recording and upload it with your next reply?

You can either add it as an attachment or send us a link to a video sharing website.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts